November 4, 2012

Lost in Books' October in Review

I hope everyone has been having a good first weekend of November.  I am happy to have my blog up and running in an actual consistent manner once again.  Thanks to everyone who has been reading and commenting and making the transition back into blogging easy for me!  You guys rock. :)


BOOKS REVIEWED IN OCTOBER:
The Color of the Earth by Kim Dong Hwa
The Bookseller of Kabul by Asne Seierstad
Relish: My Life in the Kitchen by Lucy Knisley

MOST VIEWED BLOG POSTS THIS MONTH:
1. Take Me Away to...South Africa
2. What Do You Think- Oscar Wilde Quote
3. Around the World in 80 Books


MOST COMMENTED BLOG POSTS THIS MONTH:
1. What Do You Think- Oscar Wilde Quote
2. My Issues with The Color of the Earth 
3. What Do You Think- Favorite Story Settings


REVIEWS STILL NEEDING TO BE WRITTEN/POSTED:
Cleopatra Ascending by Maureen Lipinski
On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum #1) by Janet Evanovich


WHERE AM I IN CHALLENGES:
Around the World in 80 Books - 1 out of 80 (Challenge is October 2012-October 2013)
South Asian Challenge- 3 out of 4 (reading last one now)
YA Challenge-11 out of 12 complete
Off the Shelf Challenge- FINISHED (I finished a challenge- what! what!)
Historical Fiction Challenge- 6 out of 10 complete (yikes!  I need to get on the ball!)


CURRENTLY READING:
~The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (for The Estella Society Readalong)
~Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George (for review and blog tour in December)
~Holy Cow: An Indian Adventure by Sarah McDonald (recommended by my sister)
~My Mistress' Sparrow is Dead: Great Love Stories from Chekov to Munro by Jeffrey Eugenides (recommended to me by Tasha B. like 2 years ago and I finally got around to getting it from my library)





4 comments:

  1. Are you sure I recommended that book? I don't remember it at all! Maybe I'll have to reread it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure have it written down as you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I just stumbled across your blog and I see that we have similar reading tastes, so I am now your newest follower. I would love for you to stop by my blog and check it out. I really hope to see you there and happy reading!

    Kimberlee
    http://girllostinabook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Thanks so much! I am off to check out your blog right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!