November 1, 2012

Count of Monte Cristo Readalong!!!


Alexandre Dumas's The Count of Monte Cristo is one of my favorite classic reads. I read it a few years ago and gave it a five-star rating.  Here is the Goodreads synopsis in case you have forgotten what it is about:


Thrown in prison for a crime he has not committed, Edmond Dant├Ęs is confined to the grim fortress of If. There he learns of a great hoard of treasure hidden on the Isle of Monte Cristo and he becomes determined not only to escape, but also to unearth the treasure and use it to plot the destruction of the three men responsible for his incarceration. Dumas' epic tale of suffering and retribution, inspired by a real-life case of wrongful imprisonment, was a huge popular success when it was first serialised in the 1840s.


I am very excited to have an excuse to read this book again right now, and even better, with friends and other readers!  Sign-up to read with us @ The Estella Society!

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read the Count of Monte Cristo yet. These classics readalongs sound fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never read this one. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I highly recommend it, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very excited. This is one of my favorites. Do you have time to join in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book is amazing! I accidentally read an abridged version and have been meaning to get pick up a full version to read someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is absolutely amazing, you're right! You should join us for the readalong!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!