November 23, 2012

Bookish Discoveries and Blogger Shout-Outs


1. Slate- The Debate over Thomas Jefferson's Slaves Rages On with biographers Gordon-Reed versus Henry Wiencek

2. GalleyCat- 50 Free Classic E-books to Be Thankful For

3. Guardian: Why writers find London the capital city for imagination, mystery, and fantasy

4. Publishing Perspectives: Buzz surrounding new Swiss author's book Predicts Next Global Phenomenon

5. Publishing Perspectives: Is Reality Returning to YA Literature??

6. GalleyCat: And in that same vein, what is New Adult Fiction?

7. GalleyCat: Ken Burns documentary revives rejected book - how cool is that?









Blogger Posts Worth Reading

1. Jeanne @ Necromancy Never Pays shares the poem Cemetery Nights and relates the beautiful poem to blogging.

2. I know I am not the only one to point out Iris @ Iris on Books' post on blogging-related anxieties.   Super interesting, insightful, and vulnerable post that I think we can all relate to. 

3. Staci @ Life in the Thumb's review of The Light Between Oceans in six sentences was brilliantly executed.

4. Mandy @ The Narrative Causality writes a creative review from the perspective of a character in the book.

5. Have you voted in Tasha B.'s Random Choice Awards?  Go do it now!



My TBR is Toppling Thanks To...

1. Teddy @ The Eclectic Reader has me adding Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah.  "Kristin Hannah has a gift, not only for storytelling but for emotionally engaging her readers, tugging on their heartstrings."


2. Vera @ Luxury Reading has me adding Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan saying, "I found myself crying, cheering, and reacting in ways few books can inspire me.  This book has no flaws that I could uncover, a true rarity."

3. The Cover Reveal and summary at Oh, the Books You'll Read! of Some Quiet Place by Kelsey Sutton has me adding it to my Goodreads list.

4. Literary Feline has me adding Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsley.  "I enjoyed spending time with all of Kearsley's characters. The historical aspect of the novel was of particular interest to me and I found the details about the archaeological dig quite fascinating. "






Commenters Rock!  Thank you so much for commenting!

Mandy aka Caspette of The Narrative Causality
Stephanie of Eclectic Books and Movies
Kathy of Bermudaonion's Weblog
Jane Schneider
Tasha B. aka Heidenkind of Truth, Beauty, Freedom, and Books
Becky of Page Turners

Rajni
Kim Ukura of Sophisticated Dorkiness
Kara-Karina of Nocturnal Book Reviews
pattismith
Tif
Ryan G of Wordsmithsonia

Jenners of My Life in Books
Willa of Wicked Wonderful Words
Wordlily of Word Lily
Carol of Carol's Notebook
Marie of The Boston Bibliophile

Hattie
Risa of Breadcrumb Reads
Darlene of Darlene's Book Nook
Mardel
Holly of 2 Kids and Tired

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the shout out :) I have seen Kirstin Hannah popping up on a few blogs I must get hold of one of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "New adult fiction?" I'm not sure if I like the idea of an entirely new genre. Sometimes I think that genres can put readers off of books. I might pick up a book and consider it if it's just listed as fiction but I never go into certain sections of the book store because I assume I won't care for the books.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I read every single comment and try my best to reply to all of them. Thanks so much! You rock!! :)