This weekend was the "official" kick-off to holiday shopping. I am sure you have plenty of people you know exactly what to get, but what about those you don't? Readers, for example? Getting them books always works, as does a gift card to a bookstore, but what about something a little more unique? Try these:
1. Notable Novelists Card Game via Fred Flare- Featuring some of the most popular and provocative novelists of the 20th century, such as Zora Neale Hurston and Ernest Hemingway, this fun game gives you the chance to collect literary sets of cards to win the game!
2. Industrial Gear Bookenda via antropologie.com- If your favorite reader is into Steampunk, these bookends will be the perfect gift. Or get similar ones on Etsy for hundreds less.
3. Literary Action Figures via Gone Reading- Sherlock Holmes, Charles Dickens, and Oscar Wilde action figures? You KNOW you want one. I'm just confused why there are not more.
4. Literary Coaster Set via lfla.org- A set of 8 coasters featuring iconic book art from Lolita to Catch-22.
5. Paperback Fragrance via demeterfragrance,com- Do you love the smell of books and aged paper? Does this company have the right gift for you!
6. The Organized Reader's Bookstand via Hammacher Schlemmer- Six shelves to keep reading material organized to reduce clutter. This is especially useful for someone like me whose nightstand is about to topple over with a pile of books.
7. Wuthering Heights Copper Wine Charm Set via Etsy- Ten charms to add literary class to any wine glass.
8. Literature Tights via Book Riot via Page Views- I saw these on Book Riots and they are just too cool not to include here. You see what I mean. I wish I knew what was written on them.
9. Nap Massaging Bed Rest via Brookstone- I might never get out of bed again if I had this! It massages you, there is a cup holder, a book light, a place to store books and magazines, and it folds away easily. Ahhhh....
10. Ban Ignorance Not Books Tee via bibliogifts.com- Have a banned book lover in your life? Get them a tee or jacket that shares their views. Because censorship sucks.