August 11, 2012

One for the Money by Janet Evanovich

My sister and mom recommended this series to me a couple of years ago and finally I made good on reading the first book, One for the Money.  I haven't seen the movie, but I could not help but picture Katherine Heigl and Jason O'Mara as Stephanie Plum and Joe Morelli.  I actually cannot wait to see O'Mara in the movie.  He is HOTT!   No really, just look here.  Am i right?  

Eye candy aside, I am interested to see how the screenwriters adapted it.  The trailer makes it seem like a cute romantic comedy, but the book has actually got some pretty gruesome scenes.  So I am guessing that either the trailer is not accurate or the book was grossly misadjusted for the big screen.  Is misadjusted a word?  Cause it is now.  :)

I give the story four stars for an ending I did not entirely see coming.  I will be reading book two in the series as well, called Two for the Dough.  


Who has read the book and seen the movie both?  What is your assessment?

8 comments:

  1. You are right (re: O'Mara). And bonus points for making up your own words. :-D

    I read book 1 YEARS ago. And maybe book 2. But that's it. Haven't even seen the movie (which now seems a shame given that Morelli dude).

    ReplyDelete
  2. bermudaonion (Kathy)August 11, 2012 at 9:27 AM

    I really enjoyed this series for a while.  I have a feeling the movie didn't do the book justice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the book, but I've seen the movie. I LOVE O'Mara; he's one of my favorite actors. The movie was okay, but not particularly memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see the movie just to see O'Mara!  He is gorgeous.  I love him in Terra Nova, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The movie is now available on Netflix.  I wonder how fast I can get it to my house :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the book right before the movie came out, knowing that friends who love the series would want to see it. They did tone down a few scenes in order to get a PG-13 rating, but overall they stayed pretty faithful to the book. Debbie Reynolds as Grandma was awesome, and the eye candy signed for both male leads not bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of those series I think I should like but just can't get into. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I want to. I think I might like it more than I liked the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this series even though by book 18 it is pretty formulatic. The movie i thought was ok at best and it sort of couldn't decide if it would be a comedy or drama or romance. O'Mara is great but i felt there was no chemistry between him and Heigl.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!