August 23, 2012

Booking Through Thursday- Discussing Books IRL


btt button
Do you like to talk about what you read? Do you have somebody to talk WITH?

I have a few friends who read, but in general we do not read the same types of books.  I recently joined a book club, which is great, but I can't read so fast as to go every month.  

That is why I like blogging and the book blogging community so much.  It gives me an opportunity to meet people who enjoy reading as much as I do, and not only that, people who love actual books - their feel, their heft, their smell, don't you dare dog ear that page!- and that is so refreshing to me.  I wish I had more people around me who were as nerdy about it as I am lol.  

I have met so many great people through blogging and I am really glad to be back doing it after my hiatus.  

13 comments:

  1. I would love that, too, Rebecca...in the meantime, blogging is a big part of my days.

    Here's

    MY BTT POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I need more uber-nerds in my life. :-) I'd also like to have more discussions with other bloggers. I've only recently returned to the book blogging world after a LONG hiatus, so maybe that will come. ;-) Glad you're back!

    http://eclecticbooksandmovies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Book blogging is a great way.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/booking-through-thursday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can keep your own pace by book blogging.

    http://citygirlwholovestoread.blogspot.com/2012/08/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so agree--other book bloggers are the best to talk to, because they get just as obsessed as you do by certain books, characters, and writers. It takes one to understand one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. bermudaonion(Kathy)August 23, 2012 at 1:43 PM

    My poor mother has to hear about what I'm reading even though she's not reading the same book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like to talk about books, but the other readers in my family don't.

    I've never been part of a book club. What sort of books do you read for it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Other then my mum there are no real readers I discuss books with in my family. I have friends in "real life" who like to read but tend to glaze over when I start talking books to them (and good help them if they ask for a recommendation as I bombard them with questions). But the book blogging community has so many book nerds like me who yes would give death stares to anyone who dog eared their books or like me cry because your book you loaned someone had its cover slightly damaged.


    I never joined a book club because I am more an emotional reader as in I read what I am in the mood for at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ours reads various kinds that the members select although the leader has ultimate say which ones we choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't found a IRL book club that I like yet ... book blogging kind of fills that hole for me. I still keep my eye out for possible book clubs though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. buy xanax online alprazolam s 902 green - alprazolam last

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!