June 13, 2012

Books for Poolside (or the Beach, if I'm Lucky)

OF POSEIDON BY ANNA BANKS
Mermaids, a prince, a girl who can communicate with fish, and a kingdom to save.  Perfect read for beside the water, no?


GROUNDSWELL BY KATIE LEE
A woman escaping to a coastal town after her husband's infidelity, looking to start over, and a hot tamale surf instructor to teach her the healing powers of surfing and the possibility of new love.



THE YARD BY ALEX GRECIAN
Someone is killing "The Murder Squad" of Scotland Yard in Victorian London.  The new hire and the Yard's first forensic pathologist try to figure out who it is before he kills another of them.


IN THE KINGDOM OF MEN BY KIM BARNES
It is 1967.  Gin, a poor Oklahoma girl raised by a strict grandfather, marries Mason, the hometown hero.  When her husband takes a job with the Arabian American Oil company in Saudi Arabia their life becomes the stuff of fairy tales.  Until one day when a Bedouin woman is found washed up on the shores of the Persian Gulf.  Gin and Mason's world comes closing in tightly around them as Mason is the suspect of the woman's murder.



SCARLET BY A.C. GAUGHEN
Robin Hood's gang of merry thieves has a secret: one of them is a girl.  A girl with a mysterious past.  A girl who risks everything to keep her identity from Nottinghamshire, even as Lord Gisbourne, who works for the Sheriff, closes in on her.



What books are you looking to read by the water this summer?  

9 comments:

  1. bermudaonion (Kathy)June 13, 2012 at 3:23 PM

    I hope I can get to the water!  I've heard The Yard is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Yard sounds great to me as well...I've seen it mentioned somewhere else this week but I can't remember where.  I'll have to put that one on my radar :) Will be anxious to see what you think of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading The Yard right now - it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ordered The Yard from the library! I probably won't get to a pool, though. =/

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for The Yard!  Boo for no pool...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to read your thoughts on it, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read The Yard one of these days.  Maybe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to read a bunch of crime novels on my summer vacation this year. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look like good summer reads. I am intrigued by The Yard too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!