April 15, 2012

Library Loot 04-15-12



Today's library visit lent me two unexpected reads.  I went in for Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson for my new book club, but it was checked out and I ended up coming home with two Austen graphic novels instead!


Pride and Prejudice
Pride and Prejudice (Marvel Classics)

and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies!

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Graphic Novel

I have read Pride & Prejudice and it is one of my favorite books, and is my favorite Austen book.  I have not read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies so this will be a new story for me, not just a new format like the latter.  What finds!   I didn't even know the graphic versions of these novels existed.   I am excited to read these.  In fact, I think I will start right now...

4 comments:

  1. bermudaonion (Kathy)April 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM

    I hope you love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard the P&P graphic novel was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It actually really is very good.  I read half of it last night and plan to finish it tonight.  Off the top of my head I am going to probably say in the review it would be a great into to Austen, not to mention the way the writers condensed it was spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't love it. :( I missed having Lizzie for the narrator. I think that is where the original gets much of its charm. (Of course Mr. Darcy is quite charming at times, too.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!