December 13, 2011

Off the Shelf Reading Challenge


My second challenge I have signed up for for 2012 is the Off the Shelf challenge hosted by Bookish Ardour. The goal is to read books that are in your collection, as long as the books were in your collection before January 1, 2012. It is not a book buying ban, it is just a focus on the books you have been meaning to read for a while. And, man, do I have books I have been meaning to read for a while! I am going to whittle the list down!

So I am going to go with the "Trying" Challenge Level, which is 15 books that I have in my collection now. I want to do the next level up but I am not sure I will attain that goal. I am working on keeping realistic with the challenges this year!!

If you want to sign up for this challenge, visit here.

BOOKS READ FOR THIS CHALLENGE:
1. Fang by James Patterson
2. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
3. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
4. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
5. Cat & Mouse by James Patterson
6. Indian Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs
7. The Belly Dancer by DeAnna Cameron
8. Mayo Clinic Book of Alternative Medicine
9. A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick
10. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
11. Where Are You Now? by Mary Higgins Clark
12. Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
13. Jane Austen: An Illustrated Treasury by Rebecca Dickson
14. How to Be Lovely: The Audrey Hepburn Way of Life by Melissa Hellstern
15. The Bookseller of Kabul by Asne Seierstad







4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'd sign up but I'm already doing two challenges to read from my to-read pile, so this might be a little redundant. My goal is to try and shrink that list dramatically through next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!
    I've completed an 'off the shelf' challenge for 2011 - I signed up for 50 books, and I've read more than 50 to date - but I did impose a book-buying ban on myself, it was the only way to ensure that I stuck to the books I'd already bought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob- You and me both! I a couple hundred books that I have yet to read!

    Tracy- I have had a bit of a ban on book buying for the past year because a) I am broke as a bad joke and b) I do have so many books already that I need to read. I should just keep that (for both those reasons) and to help me with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca - book bans aren't easy to stick to - but as with any addiction, once you get past the first few months (where I couldn't trust myself to set foot in a bookshop) it does get easier (now I can walk in one, browse, and walk out again, not even tempted to buy just one). Plus I put all of my TBR books on one bookshelf - and I've read all but about a dozen or so now.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I read every single comment and try my best to reply to all of them. Thanks so much! You rock!! :)