December 12, 2011

Literary News Fit to Share


1. Kindle Fire is already under fire- The Kindle Fire, Amazon’s heavily promoted tablet, is less than a blazing success with many of its early users. The most disgruntled are packing the device up and firing it back to the retailer.

2. 20 Classic Novel's First Covers- What your favorite classic novel's cover looked like when it was first published

3. Lisbeth Salander's Legacy- Meet the Scandanavian Crime Queens

4. You CAN judge a book its cover- How good cover design can save paper books from being wiped out by e-readers.

5 comments:

  1. I'm anti-Amazon, so the failure of the Fire gives me great joy. (I'm also petty.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original classic covers link was awesome! I'm desirous of getting some first editions now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill- I won't tell you are petty. It's our little secret. ;) Also, me too about Amazon.

    Tasha- Isn't it cool? I love them too. We better add that to our "bucket lists"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always judge a book by its cover, and it's one thing I'll miss if I do treat myself to a Kindle next year (though not a Kindle Fire!)

    http://the-book-addict.blogspot.com/2011/10/judging-booker-by-its-cover.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy- Maybe you can still take a peek at the covers before you buy the e-book (on your non-Kindle Fire) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!