December 11, 2011

2012 South Asian Reading Challenge


As those of you who have known me for a while know, I am pretty obsessed with South Asian culture (especially India). So now that I am over my challenge hiatus of 2011 I am jumping back in with Swapna's challenge, which you can learn more about and sign up for here.

I am keeping my goal in the low range. I figure if I go over my goal, great, but since I have been reading slower this year I want to make my goals attainable. I am going for 4 books in this challenge. I already have at least a couple dozen books about South Asia and I can't wait for this excuse to read them!


Book 1: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?  (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling (Indian Author)
Book 2: Indian Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs
Book 3: The Bookseller of Kabul by Asne Seierstad (stories about a family in Kabul, Afghanistan)
Book 4:  Little Women in India by Jane Nardin 

1 comment:

  1. I read Is Everyone Hanging Out With Me? Also and it was like reading my own autobiography, scary pictures and all :). I love Swapna's site too, wonder if this challenge is up for 2013...I have a lot of books set in India on my list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!