July 20, 2011

High Summer Readathon


Next week I am participating in my first Read-a-thon of the year, the High Summer read-a-thon, hosted by Michelle at The True Book Addict.

I think this read-a-thon will be good for me. I have been having a lot of trouble reading the past week since I had to put my cat to sleep. She was my reading companion for fourteen years. Every time I pick up a book my mind wanders to thoughts of her. I am hoping that by being able to focus on the read-a-thon instead of just reading will help me to get back into it easier.

I am not planning on participating every day, but I will be participating for several days. I am planning on continuing Her Fearful Symmetry and read some in my Jane Austen Illustrated about Emma, which is the next chapter.

Will you be participating? Go sign up and then come back and let me know!

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to participate in the readathon. I've been wanting to spend more time reading this summer, and all the activities keep piling on. This is just what I need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your cat. Mine died 2 years ago and it was so hard on me! Good luck with your readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your kitty. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet. I'm glad you're joining us for the read-a-thon. Maybe it will help you to not focus on the sadness too much. I hope so. The sign in post will be up at midnight. Remember to stop by whenever you start reading this week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!