July 16, 2011

Friday Forecast (a little late)


What I read, what I am reading, and what I want to read next.


CURRENTLY READING

Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger
pg. 25 of 401
(Good from the first paragraph. Picking it up to read more when this post is complete!)

The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory
pg. 253 of 500
(Having a hard time with this one, though I loved the other 2 books by Gregory that I have read.)

Now, Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham
pg. 90 of 272
(Slowly but surely.)


I Ching: Ancient Wisdom for Modern Decision Making by Christopher Markett
pg. 92 of 288
(Hmm...no progress since June. I didn't realize that until just now. Better pick this back up.)



JUST FINISHED READING

Does Anything Eat Wasps? by Staff of New Scientist
Review coming soon.


365 Zen: Daily Readings, Edited by Jean Smith
Review coming soon.


Max by James Patterson (audiobook version)
Review coming soon.


DID NOT FINISH READING

Luckily nothing, unless you count The Queen's Fool, but I have not given up on it yet. I don't think. :)

WHAT I'M READING SOON

Nefertiti by Michelle Moran
I just scored this one at the used book store. I loved Moran's other two books I read, Cleopatra's Daughter and The Heretic Queen. I can't wait to read this one, too!



What books are in your forecast for this weekend?

8 comments:

  1. I laughed when I saw the title Does Anything Eat Wasps? If there was something, my husband would want to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her Fearful Symmetry appeals (as does the I Ching - but I think I said that last time :) ). And I have 'Why Don't Penguins Feet Freeze' on my TBR shelf - still haven't gotten round to reading it yet, you've reminded me that I really must start it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the middle of a Shakespearean mystery that's really good, but I have two book reviews scheduled for next week, so I think I need to get on that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anything eat Wasps sounds like my kind of non-fiction. Off to see if my library carries it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't enjoy Her Fearful Symmetry as much as I loved The Time Traveler's Wife.
    I started The Queen's Fool but gave up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy- oh but there are! Tell your hubby beetles, moths, and several species of dragonflies!

    Tracy- I need to read more! I tried to read a little last night but it is hard since my cat just died and she was my reading companion. Maybe there is something in the I Ching that will help me.

    Heidenkind- What Shakespearean mystery are you reading?

    Lisa- If they don't have it let me know and I will ship it off to you!

    Bookmagic- I am feeling myself give up on The Queen's Fool too, which is a shame since I loved The Constant Princess and The Other Boleyn Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear about your cat, Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to read Moran's books. I keep hearing fantastic things about them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!