June 5, 2011

TSS: To Tumblr or not to Tumblr that is the question.

I have not been posting on Blogger much anymore (obviously) but I am posting more on my Tumblr site, Wanderlust. One reason, I think, is because it is a bit easier for me to maintain on a regular basis. I am thinking I might move my book reviews over there too since I am doing less of those anyway, and want them to be short and sweet. No need for a big blog, I don't think. I have not totally made up my mind yet.

In the meantime, feel free to peruse the Tumblr blog and let me know what you think of that too. I am currently working on setting up a comments thing if I can, which Amanda has done. I didn't even know that could be done until she did it!

What are your thoughts on Blogger vs. Tumblr, or typical blog vs. Tumblr blog?

10 comments:

  1. I'm still not exactly sure what Tumblr is. It looks like a cross between Twitter/Blogger. But what exactly makes it different? More interaction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tumblr seems to be the new "thing" and my biggest complaint is that I can't comment or follow. I'll go over and check out Amanda's to see if I can since I miss reading her blog. I guess I don't have an opinion about if one platform is better than the other. I am interested to see what others have to say though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. I just figured out how to follow a Tumblr blog without following (duh to me) and I love that I can comment on Amanda's blog with ease.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't figured outy Tumbler yet - kind of technically illierate so probably not the best person to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've used both Tumblr and posterous. I've also tried to integrate with my own blog, to little success. Pros of tumblr/posterous: The silly one-off posts. Quick, random thoughts go well there. Cons: Integration w/ existing blog not always easy. On Posterous at least, when linking to FB, doesn't show photo and video embed. Why I might be switching to Tumblr for my side blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got comments on my tumblr and it seems to work well.

    I like tumblr for my less and wonderful photos and for short notes about my personal life. I still like my blog as it is tho.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still unsure which I like better, honestly. I like the randomness of Tumblr, but I don't know if it will suffice for me in the long run for blogging. I guess I'll find out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the input! That is probably one of my big draws to Tumblr is the quick, randomness of it. Maybe I will play around with it some more and see which platform really is best suited for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tumblr seems better for micro-blogging or more visual types of blogs. There are a few tumblr blogs that I think are absolutely brilliant, but I've been neglecting mine for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it easier to post on Tumblr? I know a lot of people have Tumblr accounts, but I can't barely keep up with what I have going now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!