May 10, 2011

Book Fair Books

The St. Francis Book Fair was this past weekend in Greensboro so I headed over to see what I could find. They had rooms and rooms of books, marked down to $1-2 for paperbacks and $3 for hardcovers. I came away with 2 hardcovers (one was marked down) and 3 paperbacks for $8. Score!

What I Got:
Drood by Dan Simmons
A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
City of Thieves by David Benioff
The Bhagavad-Gita (a sacred Hinduism text; I read part of in college and want to read more)

I am most excited about Drood- what an enormous book for only $3! I wish there had been more Historical Fiction and YA selections but I can't complain when I still got 5 books for $8 now can I?

9 comments:

  1. I loved Drood and my husband loved City of Thieves! I think you have some great reading ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Snow Flower and the Secret Fan and am interested in reading the Bhagavad Gita-my yoga teacher is doing it as a book club!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And $3 is just about what Drood is worth, too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to read the Bhagavad Gita too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy City of Thieves -- it's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. City of Thieves was one of my fav books of 2009; hope you like it even half as much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow Flower looks so petite sitting next to that chunkster Drood!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm wanting to read Drood as some point in time, though I have another of his books to read first.

    The Bhagavad-Gita is a book along with The Quran that I want to read at some point in my life. I'll probably wait until I retire and have tthe time to put into the reading and thinking of what they have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was at a book sale today as well. Can`t go wrong with $1 - $3 books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!