April 27, 2011

Hello Again!

Hi faithful followers of my blog!

I haven't posted since January, I know. I have been bogged down with school and studying. I didn't read anything for fun until the last month! I am done with school for now and working on getting a part-time job and focusing on my health. I haven't been doing too well physically so I need to focus on that the most right now. I'm in physical therapy, I am on a diet & exercise plan (using sparkpeople.com) and I am researching more options to help my pain and fatigue. During this time I am getting to read more, which is great!

I have been trying to keep up with your blogs and your lives as best I can. I have missed a lot! I've slowly been getting back into the groove the last two weeks. I hope to get around to most of you soon. Sometimes I read and don't comment to get a little more in, so know I am probably lurking!

I have had several people ask if and when I am getting back into blogging. It is so awesome to know that I have been missed! What an amazing feeling for me and this little blog. I am going to try to post more. I am not sure what angle I am going to go for. It might be less book reviews and more Take Me Away posts and lists for now. See how it is getting back into the swing of things. Definitely will be shorter book reviews when I do get to posting them. I am also not going to do any ARCs as I can't possibly commit to anything at this time.

As I said, my health issues and finding a part-time job are my number one priorities right now. But I do love reading and I love my blogging friends. I have made some very dear friends through this blog. I was talking today about how nice it would be to get paid to do this. Then I wouldn't have to worry about finding a job that suits my health needs (not an easy task, unfortunately).

I will leave you today with some links I found recently to interesting articles, each in their own way.

10 Elements of the Intellectual Thriller

20 Cool Home Library Design Ideas

75 Signs You're a Bibliophile (several are quite good!)

Designs to Inspire- Bookshelves

Huxley v. Orwell

The Judgmental Bookseller Ostrich

14 comments:

  1. Good to see you back and blogging. Even if you're not up to blogging everyday (I never could do that) I hope you can blog at least once a week? Say hello, list books, etc.?

    It's good to see you back and hope you get to read some good books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so glad to see you come up on twitter. Do what you can about blogging but don't stress over it-it should be fun for you as well as for us. I look forward to hearing about what you've been reading. Take care of you first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Hope your health improves soon and definitely don't push yourself too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there!! Good to see you, even if only for a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay your back!

    When I took my break I found it easier to just start my google reader from scratched. Marked everything as read and then started a fresh. I also refocused and minimised what I had. I just dont have the time any more to be as proactive as I would like.

    I am more of a lurker now which is a dissapointing but I comment here and there.

    Same with posting, my goal is one post a month and I usually have a few sitting there in the back ground that I work on little by little till I am happy with it.

    I tried getting back into friday fill ins but it got to hard I think I did one opps. Will try again every now and then.

    Most of all dont be hard on yourself. I had to stop beating myself up about it. Unfortunately life does change and priorities change. Nothing you can do about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back and sorry to hear you are doing so well. I hope the physical therapy continues to work and that you find a job soon. Post what you can and we'll read/respond

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto what everyone else has said, of course, but will be happy with whatever amount you can blog, because I know it will be quality based on your comments on Twitter and on Facebook.

    Welcome back to the fold ;).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! Good luck with the job hunting. I know what it's like to be physically limited. It sure does put a snag in the part-time job market. Take care of yourself and don't worry about being a lurker....we all do it from time to time. =O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know what's really funny? I've spent so much time interacting with you on Sparkpeople the last few monthss, that I didn't even realize how much time had gone by! Not that I don't enjoy your blog or anything, I dont' want you to think that, but just because I get to talk to you every couple days anyway. :) I'll be happy to see reviews from you as well, or more stuff about other parts of your life. Don't be afraid to post about your journey here! I've been posting about mine quite often since March. It's helped me a lot to get things out in the open.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judgmental ostrich bookseller is judgy!

    I was sorry to hear about your health problems and about your not going to grad school anymore--I know that's disappointing, even if it is for the best at the time. I hope you're back to 100% soon and can find a job you love! It's nice to see you back on twitter and da blags, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for your support and encouragement! It never ceases to amaze me how much people I have never met have been some of my biggest fans, not only for the blog, but in life, too! You guys rock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, so glad to see you come back too Rebecca! I think I know at least partly what you've been going through, but I do hope you can resolve the question of your health really soon. And work too, of course! Hugs and book-kisses, I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Bibliophile list link!

    Glad you're back. Hope you're feeling better. Always look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!