November 3, 2010

The Disappearance

Hey all!

Sorry that I have been M.I.A. for the last month. I am working hard at school trying to finish up some pre-requisite courses to get into the Master's program for Sociology and studying for the GRE.

Plus on top of that I have been in an incredible amount of pain lately from both the fibromyalgia and, mostly, my back. Right now I am having a sharp pain shooting from my lower back down my hip. I am sure that I have a disc pressing on my sciatic nerve. I had this happen to me eleven years ago at the age of 20. It feels exactly the same. We've tried steroids to reduce inflammation, but the relief only lasts as long as I am taking the steroids. I am getting a referral to a neurosurgeon so hopefully he/she will have more answers to all of this. It sucks hardcore, let me tell you. I can barely make it to class. I can't concentrate on my work. It's pretty nightmarish. I know something will be figured out soon, I have complete hope in that. It's just the "until that time" part.

So, I am still here. Reading as much as I can, albeit much more slowly and less frequently than I was before. Right now I am reading The Girl Who Played with Fire by Steig Larsson and Gang Leader for a Day by Sudhir Venkatesh. I am trying to keep up with you all as much as possible, too. I get to your blogs when I can and I have been on Twitter recently. I changed my username to @passionategrad so if you see that and wonder who it is, it's just me! lol

I will be around and I am going to post about a giveaway soon, too.

Best Wishes,
Becca

14 comments:

  1. I hope you find relief soon - back pain is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you start feeling a bit better and good luck with school. !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, that sounds miserable! I had terrible sciatic pain all three times I was pregnant and my chiropractor could only do so much, so I understand completely! I hope you find something to help you soon, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no that sounds horrible :( I hope your doctors are able to find something to relieve your pain very soon. My cousin has something similar and sometimes it's so bad she can't even leave her house.

    Good luck with this semester at school (and with some possible pain relief)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon. Dont worry about the blog come back when you are ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear you have been having all that pain! I will be thinking of you and hope you feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's my bit of unsolicited advice for the day, which you can feel free to delete or ignore as you choose. :) For the back pain, have you tried a chiropracter? I had that same kind of pain years ago and some regular visits to the chiro fixed it completely. It DID take a long time but it DID NOT require surgery or medication, which was good for me.

    Again, feel free to ignore/delete this - I won't mind at all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there! It sounds pretty rough right now. Enjoy your reading, what you can squeeze in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry you're going through so much pain. That sounds miserable. But I'm glad to see you posting again!

    http;//laughingstars.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. +JMJ+

    Thanks for the update, Rebecca. I had been a little worried. I really hope you feel better soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry you've been hurting. :( I know that must make school a bazillion times harder to deal with. ((((HUGS!)))) You'll do great on the GRE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!