August 24, 2010

She's So Dead to Us by Kieran Scott

Cattiness, revenge, anger, pride, resentment, and a "forbidden" teenage romance make this book an interesting read. Ally's mother has moved them back to the same town that they just fled from only a couple of years ago after Ally's father lost a lot of money for a lot of people in a bad investment. And no one is ready to forgive- even if Ally's father is no longer in the picture because he left her and her mother never to be heard from again.

The one bright side for Ally is two new friends she makes- Annie and David- and then there is Jake- the really hot guy who moved in to Ally's old house. He is in with her old friends but he doesn't hold the resentment and need for revenge that his friends do. He is actually a pretty nice guy. He makes mistakes, he goes along with his friends too much (like on pranks), but deep down he has a conscience. Now the question is will Ally be able to handle all the drama that she has been thrust back into? And will Jake be able to stand up to his friends for Ally? It's hard to go against your friends in high school. Plus, there is David who Ally is kind of dating. Should she stay with David, who is sweetheart and genuinely cares about her, or go for Jake, who gives her butterflies? Decisions, decisions. And it doesn't help her mom started dating again and it looks like it is getting serious. She doesn't want a new family, she wants her dad to realize he made a mistake leaving and to come home. Why hasn't he contacted her? Where is he? The answer to that is kinda crazy for Ally.

I thought this book was very well-written and that the characters were pretty well-fleshed. While a lot of the story was very predictable, there were funny moments and I cared about the characters. Plus, I know I will be looking for the next book from this author because she totally left a cliffhanger! Aggghh! When is the next book, Kieran Scott? Because I need it, like, yesterday.


THE STATISTICS:
BOOK #: 50
RATING: 4 Stars
FOR CHALLENGES: YA Reads, CC for 2010, New Authors, 100+ in 2010
GENRE: YA Fiction
PUBLISHER: Simon & Schuster
FORMAT/PAGES: Paperback/275
HEY, FCC!: I was sent this book for review. I was not monetarily compensated.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good YA read. That Ally sounds like an intersting character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! Maybe I'll wait until the next book comes out before I read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this was adorable - but I'm with you - I need the sequel ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love teen drama? :)

    This sounds like a book that I read and absolutely adored in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The end was unbelievable right? I honestly thought I was missing some chapters in my ARC it was so abrupt. I really enjoyed this book and am interested to see how some of the open items work out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!