July 12, 2010

The Reading Agenda This Week


This weekly meme is hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey.
I just wanted a personalized graphic so I made this photo to post for this meme each week.


Books I completed the past week are:
1. 3rd Degree by James Patterson

Books I am currently working on:
I finally gave up on The Luxe. I just couldn't get into it. So here's what I'm reading now.
Fiction:

1. Fireworks Over Taccoa by Jeffrey Stepakoff (pg. 60 of 260)(ARC)
So far it feels very similar to a Nicholas Sparks book to me.

2. Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict (pg. 176 of 289) (for challenges)
I am enjoying this one very much, although Confessions was better (at this point, mind you.)

Nonfiction:
None again. I guess I am making good on my goal to read more fiction!

ARCs Coming Up Next in the TBR Pile:
(My gosh, I know I just started another ARC last week but it still seems I never make a dent in this pile. One reason that after the last one on this list I am officially on ARC hiatus.)
1. She's So Dead to Us by Kieran Scott
2. She-Rain by Michael Cogdill
3. Sweet Dates in Basra by Jessica Jiji
4. Keeper by Kathi Appelt

Books for Challenges Coming Up Next in the TBR Pile:
1. Maximum Ride 4 by James Patterson
2. Uglies by Scott Westerfield
3. The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig
4. Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (re-read for Flashback challenge)
5. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Reviews posted the past two weeks:
1. 3rd Degree by James Patterson

Books still needing to have reviews written or posted:
1. Possession by A.S. Byatt

Current giveaways on this blog:
My July of Giveaways
1st Giveaway:
Double Feature: The Heretic Queen and Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran

6 comments:

  1. I'll be interested in your thoughts on Sweet Dates in Basra. I didn't particularly like that one, but I know others really did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict, but have yet to read Rude Awakenings. Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many books...so little time huh?? I loved Confessions better than the sequel..enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd heard Luxe was pretty awful, but I didn't want to prejudice you against it by saying anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be interested in your review of Fireworks Over Toccoa. The author is coming for an event here and I can't decide if I want to go or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED She's So Dead To Us! I hope you enjoy it as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!