July 5, 2010

The Reading Agenda This Week


This weekly meme is hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey.
I didn't do this meme last week so this is for the past 2 weeks!

Books I completed the past week are:

1. Possession by A.S. Byatt

Books I am currently working on:
Fiction:
1. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen (pg. 130 of 433) (
for challenges)
I'm having trouble getting into this one. It's interesting but not grabbing.

2. 3rd Degree by James Patterson (pg. 205 of 368) (
for challenges)
Interesting terrorism case in this one, plus one of them has just gone missing.

3. Fireworks Over Taccoa by Jeffrey Stepakoff (pg. 39 of 260)(ARC)

Nonfiction:
Actually none, oddly enough.


ARCs Coming Up Next in the TBR Pile:
1. She's So Dead to Us by Kieran Scott
2. Didn't I Feed You Yesterday? A Mother's Guide to Sanity in Stilettos by Laura Bennett
3. She-Rain by Michael Cogdill
4. Sweet Dates in Basra by Jessica Jiji
5. Keeper by

Books for Challenges Coming Up Next in the TBR Pile:
1. Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
2.
Maximum Ride 4 by James Patterson
3. Uglies by Scott Westerfield
4. The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig
5. Honeymoon by James Patterson

Reviews posted the past two weeks:
1. One Amazing Thing by Chitra Duvakaruni
2. In the Sanctuary of Outcasts by Neil White

Books still needing to have reviews written or posted:
1. Possession by A.S. Byatt

Current giveaways on this blog:
Coming this week.

10 comments:

  1. I felt exactly the same about The Luxe. I persevered to the end, but it was all just a bit blah. I didn't bother reviewing it as I couldn't think of much (either good or bad) to say about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one on your list that I've read is Uglies and I really liked that series (though I haven't read Extras yet)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was organized enough to have a reading agenda! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy all of your books coming up! I love partaking in challenges and need to step up my reading for them. My problem is I'm a part of like 5 challenges.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so many books! I have to admit that I didn't really enjoy possession when I read it, I don't know what it was, I was just bored by it. I hope you enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave "The Luxe" a try recently and had a hard time getting into it too, so I put it aside for now. As for your next reads, I loved the Uglies series and Rude Awakenings was fun! I'll be curious about your thoughts on "The Secret History of the Pink Carnation", it's been sitting in my TBR pile forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed possession when I read it, and it may be a tough act for The Luxe to follow. Rude Awakenings of a Austen Addict sounds intriguing. It might let me know what I'm in for some day.
    Nice Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so want to read The Luxe too!! Did you know that your font is like HUGE!!???? Did you like Possession?? I had several people talk me out of reading that one on Goodreads a while back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Curious about the Laura Bennett one ... She was on Project Runway I think!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I know what you mean about The Luxe. It's well-written but not what I expected. Also, since I haven't gotten very far with it, I have a suspicion that the story will not sustain the hype (or that gorgeous, sumptuous cover).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!