July 15, 2010

My Friend Amy is Here!

Today I am happy to have Amy from My Friend Amy on 20 Questions. Amy is a truly dedicated book blogger and in addition to her own blog, you can find her involved in projects including the fabulous Book Bloggers Appreciation Week, which will be September 13-17 this year. Thanks Amy for sharing today!


1. MY EARLIEST MEMORY OF READING:
I have no idea what my earliest memory of reading is, but I do remember that my mom read to my brother, sister, and I when we were little. Some favorites were The BFG, and Little House on the Prairie

2. THE FIRST BOOK I READ OVER AND OVER:
Hard! I'm sure there was a picture I loved, but I really don't remember reading picture books. Nancy Drew was my first obsession in second grade. I used to make my friends play Nancy Drew at recess...and I had to be Nancy!

3. A CHILDREN’S BOOK EVERY CHILD SHOULD READ:
I really love You Are Special by Max Lucado

4. THE BOOK I HAVE RE-READ THE MOST TIMES:
Probably one of the books i used with my students when teaching adult literacy. I would often read the same picture book several times in one day.

5. MY FAVORITE PLACE TO READ:
I love reading outside on a beautiful day.

6. MY MUST-HAVE READING ACCESSORIES:
Um, a diet coke?

7. THE NUMBER OF BOOKS I OWN (YOU CAN GUESS):
Over 1,000

8. MY BOOKSHELVES ARE:
Overburdened.

9. THE NUMBER OF BOOKS ON MY TBR LIST (THAT I HAVE NOT AQUIRED YET):
I don't actually keep much of a wishlist. But I do have one on Amazon and Paperbackswap and I think I probably have a few hundred on them combined.

10. THE WAY I KEEP TRACK OF BOOKS I WANT TO READ:
I will star a review in my google reader or add the book to my wishlist on Amazon. But i actually have a pretty good memory and store a lot of it up there.

11. THE LAST BOOK I RECEIVED/BOUGHT:
I received a few books from HarperCollins in the mail today including: I Heart New York, The Next Queen of Heaven, The Debutante, and The Gentleman Poet

12. A BOOK THAT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE IN SOME WAY:
Unspoken by Angela Hunt made me realize how intelligent and dignified animals are...it made me think about them with more respect and desire to help make our planet more friendly for them.

13. A BOOK I LIKE THAT NO ONE ELSE SEEMS TO:
The Dead and the Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer Everyone seemed ticked it wasn't about Miranda but I preferred Alex to Miranda and the city setting.

14. A BOOK I DON’T LIKE THAT EVERYONE ELSE SEEMS TO LOVE:
Little Bee by Chris Cleave

15. A BOOK THAT INTIMIDATES ME:
Moby Dick and I have no desire to read it.

16. IF I COULD GO TO ANY LITERARY DESTINATION I WOULD CHOOSE:
Hogwarts

17. THREE OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS:
Beth Kephart, Lisa Samson, Frederick Buechner
18. I HAVE BEEN BLOGGING ABOUT BOOKS SINCE:
2007

19. MY BOOK BLOG STANDS OUT FROM THE CROWD BECAUSE:
I love Jesus but I also love vampires. This can be tough to balance when each often have different audiences.

20. THREE BOOK BLOGGERS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE FEATURED IN THE FUTURE:
Ana of the Book Smugglers, Angie of Angieville, and Natasha of Maw Books Blog

Thank you for participating, Amy! I haven't heard of Unspoken and need to look that up. 'Overburdened' is such a great word for describing your bookshelves. I'd have to say mine are too!

Coming Up Through the End of July on 20 Questions:

Nicole of Linus' Blanket
Elena of With Extra Pulp

15 comments:

  1. Great to see more about Amy, especially during BBAW when she is doing so much for us all!! I love the one word answer for bookshelves - overburdened. Definitely a great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading about Amy...I loved Nancy Drew too and after reading all of the books and the Hardy Boys, I became obsessed with Trixie Belden!! Great Q&A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy's made a very smart decision regarding Moby Dick. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the interview! Nice to learn a bit more about Amy :)

    So cute about playing Nancy Drew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers Amy! I love reading your reviews and I think you do a good job balancing #19.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also loved Nancy Drew and wanted to be her. I still do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like I need to check out Unspoken!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview! I love the fact that Amy's blog appeals to both Christian readers and vampire lovers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your answer for #19 is the best answer ever. You rock, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hogwarths! I should have thought of that :P I really enjoyed reading Amy's answers, and I'll have to look for You Are Special :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great answers! Thanks for showcasing Amy. Can't wait to see who is next!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed reading Amy's answers. I read Moby Dick in high school, but I sort of fudged my way through it. It was too hard (and boring)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vampires and Jesus ... now there is a book concept right there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So good to see Amy here!! Gotta say that I have to agree with Hogwarts, especially now that we can visit!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!