July 10, 2010

3rd Degree by James Patterson


I feel only lukewarm about this book. On the one hand, the terrorism threat plot was interesting and one of the women of the Murder Club being targeted was a page turner.

On the other hand, the story did not flow as smoothly as the first two books in this series. It reminded me of the choppiness of one of his first novels, The Midnight Club, which I did not like at all.

I think the book was interesting enough to see what happens to the three in the Women's Murder Club that are left, so it gets an above average rating from me.

THE STATISTICS:
BOOK #: 41
RATING: 3.5 Stars
FOR CHALLENGES: James Patterson Challenge, 100+ in 2010, Countdown Challenge for 2004
GENRE: Mystery
PUBLISHER: Warner Books
FORMAT/PAGES: Paperback/339
HEY, FCC!: I bought this book at a used book store.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read the series but have always meant to. I enjoyed the briefly lived tv series.

    Will have to get around to starting the series :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read one of Patterson's books recently and felt so-so about it. It was a YA book, Aliens invading and killing people, but I felt no.....fear or thrill, just that it was easy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isn't my favorite Patterson series - I don't think the characters are developed well enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I don't like Patterson but I'm going to give him another chance for the Break A Prejudice part of the Take Another Chance Challenge. I'm going to try the first book in this series.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!