June 22, 2010

Where's a Sequel When You Need One?

This week the topic is the brain child of celi.a of Adventures of Cecelia Bedelia. Thanks Celi.a!




This Week's Topic:
3 Books You Wish Had a Sequel

My List:

1. The Washingtonienne by Jessica Cutler- What happens to her next? What is her next adventure? What crazy thing does she do next?





2. Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell- I want more! And it should include more of the character Mershawn, too, cause he was hilarious!






3. The Lake House by James Patterson- Okay, so technically this is a sequel but I would have liked this story line to continue on. Yes, there is the Maximum Ride Series, which features the same winged kids, but I really liked some of the story line that he did away with in the new series that was included in this book, and in its predecessor, When the Wind Blows.


What books do you wish had a sequel to them? I'd love to read your list! You never know, maybe writers will see our lists and comply!

To participate in this meme:

  • Write a post on your blog that is a list of 3 books pertaining to the topic above. It can be super short or long & windy. Choose your own M.O. :)
  • You link back to the week's post here on Lost in Books in your post so if someone else wants to play, they can find their way here. Then you come here and leave your link in the Mr. Linky so other people can find your post and your list!
  • You don't have to post on Tuesday if you forget or can't think of anything at the moment. Bookmark this post and come back and participate!
Join in!

13 comments:

  1. I agree with you on Beat the Reaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on Beat the Reaper too. What a ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not seeing Mr. Linky, so here's the link to my post...

    http://avidreader25.blogspot.com/2010/06/book-list-3-books-you-wish-had-sequel.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time joining in! Here's the link.

    http://thinkingofthink.blogspot.com/2010/06/sequel-schmequel.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if this counts, but I after I read Kate Morton's The House at Riverton, it so affected me that I re-read the book immediately. I just wanted more of that world and also to see if I missed anything. Although, would a sequel be satisfying? Sometimes one book is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry I don't know why the Linky is not working. I will try to repost the code and see if that works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can only think of two books at the moment that I would love to see a sequel to.

    1. Sunshine by Robin McKinley. Robin McKinley usually writes YA fantasy. But Sunshine is a very dark vampires make themselves known to the world story (adult) and it's not the stars, and sexy vampires like other books, no these are scary-ass vampires that kill. There is no sequel, and Ms McKinley is probably NOT going to write one. I think she's been approached many times about this, but so far, no go. I believe her sentiments were along the lines of nothing appears in her head to write a sequel, so no sequel.

    Another book that I would love to read would be a sequel to Catherine, Called Birdy, written by Karen Cushman. It was diary style about a young woman (14 years old) from Mideval times and her trials and tribulations on trying to NOT catch a groom from all the suitors that came. At the end, she did end up having to come to terms with marrying. I'd love to see what happens next with her life - a diary of how her first year of marriage went, moving away from home, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. here's my list:
    http://lastexilewords.blogspot.com/2010/06/booklist-622.html

    I'll warn everyone right now--my last book is part sequel wanting and part extreme rant (which explains why I want a sequel at least). Its also rather long-ish.

    Anyhow--Rebecca I haven't read any of the books you mentioned!

    thanks to celi.a for the topic!!

    Lexie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to have think about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's mine --

    http://webereading.com/2010/06/book-list-meme-three-books-you-wish-had.html

    This was a tough one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of the books on your list, but that doesn't stop me from knowing exactly what you mean. Sometimes you don't want to finish a book because the experience has been so enjoyable!

    I just (finally) posted my list here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm even later than you celi.a! My list is here:
    http://paperbackpirate.blogspot.com/2010/07/3-books-you-wish-had-sequel.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this topic! Here's my link: http://modernradiotimes.blogspot.com/2010/07/3-books-you-wish-had-sequel-ooh-this-is.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!