June 15, 2010

Perfect Beach Reads

This week along with your 3 answers, I would love to also get 3 topics that you would love to have in the future on the Book List. Thanks!


This Week's Topic:
3 Perfect Beach Reads

My List:

1. Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
I think when I re-read this favorite of mine this year for the Flashback challenge, I will be reading it at the beach or if I can't get there, then pool side. Just don't splash my book! We will have words. :P





2. The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks
This is one that not everyone has read and the like one book of his not turned into a movie I think. But it was my first Sparks novel and it was because it was a love story that was also smart. It wasn't about some dumb girl and a dumb hunk, these people were intelligent, brave, and flawed. It's a good one.





3. Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson
A little YA fantasy escape. It's an easy read and packed with adventure.






What books do you think make excellent beach reads? I'd love to read your list because I am going to use them to compile my list of books to take with me! lol
  • To participate in this meme:
  • Write a post on your blog that is a list of 3 books pertaining to the topic above. It can be super short or long & windy. Choose your own M.O. :)
  • You link back to the week's post here on Lost in Books in your post so if someone else wants to play, they can find their way here. Then you come here and leave your link in the Mr. Linky so other people can find your post and your list!
  • You don't have to post on Tuesday if you forget or can't think of anything at the moment. Bookmark this post and come back and participate!
  • There is no obligation to post every single week. Participate when you can!
Join in!


14 comments:

  1. Eat, Pray, Love is on this year's 'to read' list, not having read it yet and it's been in the pile a year, so it's one I was considering as a holiday read.

    As for suggestions for topics, I can only think of one - 3 books which have changed your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat, Pray, Love is definitely on my TBR list this summer -- great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live nowhere near a beach, so I have no idea what a good beach read would be. Anything you don't mind getting sand on?

    I ordered Eat, Pray, Love from the library because the movie trailer made it look like it would be a good book. lol I do everything backwards. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I see Eat Pray Love or a Nicholas Sparks book, I will probably throw them in the water:)

    Love the new look BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like light-ish and thoughtful for beach reads: The Help, Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, and Olive Kitteridge comes to mind.

    Three ideas are (continuing the summer theme): Favorite Travel Narratives; Summer Reads for Kids (and Childish Grownups); Best Books for a Long Plane Ride.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is s fun topic! I may give Eat Pray Love a go this summer.

    http://laughingstars.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read "Eat Pray Love" on a cruise and it was a perfect read for that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great topic as I'm in the process of putting together my summer reading list. Love your choices!

    Jennifer @ www.justicejennifer.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your list! Beach reads are their own special category, aren't they? I found myself putting down books I wouldn't usually admit to having read (well, at least the Nicholas Sparks one - I was glad to see you had him too!).

    Future ideas:
    -Lists by genre (best sci-fi, favorite historical romance, etc.)
    -Good books for a rainy day
    -Books set in England
    -Books you have to read to your kids one day
    -Favorite dog books/dragon books
    -Books you wish hadn't been made into movies
    -Books you quote the most
    -Books you bring up most in conversation
    -Books that shouldn't have ended up on the bestseller list
    -Books you wish had a sequel

    ReplyDelete
  10. +JMJ+

    Please don't point and laugh, but . . .

    What exactly is a beach read?

    I had thought it was something fun and light, possibly even fluffy; but just a few hours ago I came across a review of a pretty heavy book (dysfunctional family, infidelity, mental illness, etc.) written in a disjointed style, in which the blogger described it as "not a fluff read but a beach or pool read"--and I was really confused.

    Any light you could shed on this would be great! =) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Eat, Pray, Love=worth rereading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to read Eat Pray Love before the movie, but I'm not sure I'll make it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I'm the only person on the planet that hasn't read Eat, Love, Pray. But I have it--if I get to a beach this summer, I'll definitely take it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. +JMJ+

    Lisa, you're not the only one who hasn't read it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!