Today I have another special guest on 20 Questions- Michelle from Peaceful Reader! (I'm glad I double- checked the post because I forgot her blog link! Sorry!) Michelle has a charming blog that you should most definitely check out. I love her laid-back vibe and I think you will too! Thanks for sharing with us today, Michelle!
1. MY EARLIEST MEMORY OF READING: Reading Dr Seuss to my little brothers-pretending to be knowledge about reading!!
2. THE FIRST BOOK I READ OVER AND OVER: Are you there God, it’s me, Margaret by Judy Blume
3. A CHILDREN’S BOOK EVERY CHILD SHOULD READ: 1. Reading makes you feel good 2. The Peace Book both by Todd Parr, 3. William’s Doll 4. Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no-good very bad day both by Judith Viorst. Love all four of those books! Oh, and everyone should read Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird!!!
4. THE BOOK I HAVE RE-READ THE MOST TIMES: I’m technically not a re-reader but I have read the first Harry Potter several times with my three children and The Lightning Thief with my school book club-3 years in a row.
5. MY FAVORITE PLACE TO READ: Anywhere. I take a book anyplace, especially if I think I might have to wait in line or have a chance to sit down so I bring a book. I do love, love, love to read in the hammock in my backyard, but I end up napping.
6. MY MUST-HAVE READING ACCESSORIES: Just the book unless I am set up at home then a glass of something, anything from water to wine, sometimes a blanket and my reading notebook.
7. THE NUMBER OF BOOKS I OWN (YOU CAN GUESS): 500 (at least)
8. MY BOOKSHELVES ARE: full and then some. My husband says it is all me but he has tons of plays and drama books there as well. We have several built in book shelves and we built some ourselves as well. We are surrounded by books.
9. THE NUMBER OF BOOKS ON MY TBR LIST (THAT I HAVE NOT AQUIRED YET): I have several paper lists (with about 50 titles) on random pieces of paper, my notebooks and 110 titles on my Good Reads list.
10. THE WAY I KEEP TRACK OF BOOKS I WANT TO READ: Good Reads and notebooks, sometimes cocktail napkins and post-its.
11. THE LAST BOOK I RECEIVED/BOUGHT: Restoring Harmony by Joelle Anthony-received it in a giveaway from The Debutante’s Ball blog.
12. A BOOK THAT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE IN SOME WAY: E.L. Konigsburg's From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler because I enjoyed knowing that Claudia was disappointed with childhood. I loved their adventure and I thought about running away all the time at that age. I remember my first trip to NYC, standing in front of the Metropolitan Museum of Art for myself-it was a great joy, thinking of Claudia and Jaime hiding out there.
13. A BOOK I LIKE THAT NO ONE ELSE SEEMS TO: Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins (I made my husband read this book before I would marry him, luckily he liked it also. He made me read Cold Mountain)
14. A BOOK I DON’T LIKE THAT EVERYONE ELSE SEEMS TO LOVE: I’ve heard complaints about The Poisonwood Bible by B. Kingsolver
15. A BOOK THAT INTIMIDATES ME: Democracy in America by Tocqueville. I never made it through it even though I really wanted to!
16. IF I COULD GO TO ANY LITERARY DESTINATION I WOULD CHOOSE: Scotland or Hogwart’s
17. THREE OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS: Barbara Kingsolver, Zadie Smith, Suzanne Collins
18. I HAVE BEEN BLOGGING ABOUT BOOKS SINCE: May, 2008-and I love it so much!!
19. MY BOOK BLOG STANDS OUT FROM THE CROWD BECAUSE: I try to focus on the peaceful and organic side; I like to talk about issues (school policies, yoga, food and recipes) in-between books.
20. THREE BOOK BLOGGERS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE FEATURED IN THE FUTURE: Natalie at This Purple Crayon, Tina at Books are my thing and Jana from Milk and Cookies; Comfort Reading.
Coming Up Next on 20 Questions-
Nymeth from Things Mean a Lot
Amy from My Friend Amy