May 10, 2010

What I've Read, What I'm Reading Now, and What's Next


This weekly meme is hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey. You can leave your post with the Mr. Linky there.

Books I completed the past week are:
1. I'll Mature When I'm Dead by Dave Barry
2. Blue Bloods (Book #1) by Melissa de la Cruz
3. Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster
4. Letters to Rosy by C. Elaine Bartlett

Books I am working on:
Fiction:
1. The Washingtonienne by Jessica Cutler (pg. 10 of 291) (Random Read, but also discovered I could use it for a challenge)
2. Persuasion by Jane Austen (pg. 34 of 304) (for a challenge)

Nonfiction:
1. Children of Dust: A Memoir of Pakistan by Ali Eteraz (pg. 70 of 352) (ARC)
2. Hinduism: A Brief Introduction by Kim Knott (pg. 40 of 160) (for a challenge)

ARCs Coming Up Next in the TBR Pile:
1. The Truth Lies in the Dark by Kristen Callender
2. One Amazing Thing by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
3. Fireworks Over Taccoa by Jeffrey Stepakoff
4. She's So Dead to Us by Kieran Scott
5. Didn't I Feed You Yesterday? A Mother's Guide to Sanity in Stilettos by Laura Bennett

Books for Challenges Coming Up Next in the TBR Pile:
1. Looking for Alaska by John Green
2. Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
3. 10 Things I Hate About Christianity by Jason T. Berggren
4. Maximum Ride 4 by James Patterson
5. Uglies by Scott Westerfield

Reviews posted this past week:
1.Live Fast, Die Young: My Life with James Dean by John Gilmore
2. It Happened One Night by Lisa Dale
3. Web of Deceit by Darlene Cox
4. Recovering My Voice by Aruni Nan Futuronsky

Books still needing to have reviews written or posted:
1. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
2. I'll Mature When I'm Dead by Dave Barry
3. Letters to Rosy by C. Elaine Bartlett
4. Blue Bloods, Book #1 by Melissa de la Cruz

Current giveaways on this blog:
It Happened One Night by Lisa Dale
To Enter:
Leave a comment on the review of the book. Also leave a comment on this post saying you'd like the book and with your e-mail address so I can contact you. Contest runs through next Monday, April 24th!

Book Montage:

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you thought of the Dave Barry book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! I look forward to seeing what you think of Children of Dust; it's on my TBR and sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your lists!!! Your books for challenges #1 and #2 are great ones!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so planned and organized! And you finished the Lancaster book! Woo hoo!

    Now I can't even talk to you about it because I forgot everything about it! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list!
    Would love to be entered in your It Happened One Night giveaway

    Lisa.2713@gmail.com

    Best :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice mixed list of books. Would like to be entered for the giveaway.

    mystica123athotmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!