May 31, 2010

May Round-Up, and What's Coming Next



BLOG STATISTICS FOR THE MONTH OF MAY:

1,614 Visits and 2,605 Page Views
50.56% New Visitors
Visitors Coming Mostly From:
~U.S.
~Canada
~U.K.
~Philippines
~Australia
~Germany
~India

BOOKS READ IN MAY:
1. Blue Bloods (Book #1) by Melissa de la Cruz (4.5 Stars)
2. Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster (4 Stars)
3. I'll Mature When I'm Dead by Dave Barry (4 Stars)
4. It Happened One Night by Lisa Dale (3 Stars)
5. Live Fast Die Young: My Life with James Dean by John Gilmore (3.5 Stars)
6. Persuasion by Jane Austen (4.5 Stars)
7. Recovering My Voice: A Memoir of Chaos, Spirituality, and Hope by Aruni Nan Futuronsky (4 Stars)
8. The Washingtonienne by Jessica Cutler (4 Stars)
9. Web of Deceit by Darlene Cox (2.5 Stars)
10. Cecil Learns to Smile by Charlotte Bucher (1 Star)

TOP POSTS FOR MAY (including comments and page views):
1. A Review That Turned Into a Rant
2. Books You've Read Over and Over and Over
3. In My Mailbox
4. TSS: Animals Like to Read, Too!
5. Review: The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
6. Review: Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster


TOP COMMENTERS (aka I love you guys):
1. Kathy (Bermudaonion's Weblog) 26 comments
2. Jenners (Find Your Next Book Here) 23 comments
3. Tasha B. (Truth, Beauty, Freedom, Books) 21 comments
4. Deb (Bookmagic) 18 comments
5. Staci (Life in the Thumb) 16 comments
6. Stephanie (Laughing Stars: The Stark Raving Bibliophile) 14 comments
5. Tif (Tif Talks Books) 12 comments
6. Fredamans (Freda's Voice) 11 comments
7. Kathleen (Callista's Ramblings) 8 comments, Lisa (Lit & Life) 8 comments
8. Kristen M. (We Be Reading) 6 comments
9. Lilly (Reading Extravaganza) 5 comments, Trisha (eccentric/eclectic) 5 comments, celi.a (Adventures of Cecelia Bedelia) 5 comments
10. Avid Reader (The Avid Reader's Musings) 4 comments, Pam (Bookalicio.us) 4 comments, Enbrethiliel (Shredded Cheddar) 4 comments, Diane (Bibliophile by the Sea) 4 comments


BOOKS I HOPE TO READ IN JUNE:
1. Possession by A.S. Byatt
2. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen
3. The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig
4. Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Rigler
5. Uglies by Scott Westerfield


POSTS COMING UP IN JUNE- Look for them!:
1. On Book Series: To Sequel or Not to Sequel
2. TLC Book Tour- In the Sanctuary of Outcasts
3. Four All-New 20 Questions Posts- Plus a Surprise Blogger!
4. My Month in Movies- May Edition
5. Take Me Away...to Honduras!
6. Reviews for The Truth Lies in the Dark, One Amazing Thing, Looking for Alaska, Maximum Ride 4: Final Warning, and more...


CHALLENGES: WHERE IT'S AT-

Personal Project-
Books and Movies for Dad (0 read, 1 watched) (No change this month.)

2010 Challenges-
100+ Reading Challenge (33 of 100)
1st in a Series (1 of 3)
A to Z Challenge (11 of 26) (Whew! Some progress here.)
ARC Challenge (11 of 12) (I will complete this challenge when I complete Children of Dust.)
Colorful Reading Challenge (1 of 9) (I finally got 1 down in my own challenge! Sheesh! lol)
Countdown Challenge (18 of 55)
Flashback Challenge (0 of 3) (Haven't so much started this one.)
Indi Authors (4 of 12)
JP Challenge (3 of 10) (Who knew I would be failing at this one?)
Jane Austen Challenge (1 of 4 read)
Memoir Challenge (2 of 4)
New Authors (12 of 25)
RYOB (4 of 10)
Support Your Local Library (8 of 25)
Take Another Chance (2 of 6)
ThemeQuest (0 of 3) (Haven't so much started this one, either.)
TwentyTen Challenge (6 of 20)
We Didn't Start the Fire (2 of 8)
World Religion Challenge (0 read) (Reading a book for this now. Still.)
YA Decades (1 of 8)
Year of the Historical (4 of 12)
Young Adults Challenge (5 of 25)
Young Readers (2 of 12)

Perpetual Challenges-
Banned Books (33 of 50)
100 Shots of Short (35 of 100)

Completed in 2010 (aka YAY!)-
Random Reading Challenge
Women Unbound Challenge

Here's how I did last month.

10 comments:

  1. Whoa, you do a lot of challenges! I could have tried some of them (The Take Another Chance one especially appeals, I've inadvertently done some of those already), but it's halfway through the year now, so something to bear in mind for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Uglies is on your list; I really liked that series (though I haven't read the last one yet). And I am looking forward to your review of Looking for Alaska since I haven't read that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You read some great titles this month! My post will be up tomorrow evening.

    Thank you for mentioning my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you enjoy Possession - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. +JMJ+

    Wow! I'm still a top commenter! =P I didn't think I'd make it this month.

    PS--Possession is a great, rich read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture of you reading outside your house. You have read a good amounth of books this week, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vivienne- I wish that was my house! That pic was taken in Georgetown in D.C. when I was visiting my sister and uncle up there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh-oh, I'm falling behind on my commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These posts of yours just amazed me every month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You rocked this month on challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!