May 31, 2010

Favorite Quote This Week

This quote is from Looking for Alaska by John Green and it is my favorite quote of the week.

(The Colonel is a nickname for one of the boys who goes to Culver Creek and is a friend and the roommate of Miles, the main character.)


"When the visitors shoot a free throw on most every court in the country, the fans make a lot of noise, screaming and stomping their feet. It doesn't work, because players learn to tune out white noise. At Culver Creek, we had a much better strategy. At first, everyone yelled and screamed like in a normal game. But then everyone said, "Shh!" and there was absolute silence. Just as our hated opponent stopped dribbling and prepared for his short, the Colonel stood up and screamed something. Like:

"For the love of God, please shave your back hair!"


I don't know but that just cracked me up.

8 comments:

  1. I loved the Colonel's cheers, especially the one about higher SATs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Smarter than the average bear. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son and I loved this entire book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished that book. It was terrific! My 2 teen daughters and I really love John Green. I have Will Grayson Will Grayson on deck in my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love John Green!! I so need to read this one. I've only read Paper Towns and An Abundance of Katherines. He is so made of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As an avid college basketball fan, I love this whole idea. Must pass it around when the season starts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! That IS pretty hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this quote... and the whole book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!