May 24, 2010

Criminals, Boarding Schools, and More on What I'm Reading on Monday This Week


This weekly meme is hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey. You can leave your post with the Mr. Linky there.

Books I completed the past week are:
1. The Truth Lies in the Dark by Kristin Callendar
2. Cecil Learns to Smile by Charlotte Bucher

Books I am working on:
Fiction:
1. Looking for Alaska by John Green (pg. 85 of 221) (for challenges)

Nonfiction:
1. Children of Dust: A Memoir of Pakistan by Ali Eteraz (pg. 80 of 352) (ARC)
2. In the Sanctuary of Outcasts by Neil White (pg. of 309) (for a TLC Book Tour)
3. Hinduism: A Brief Introduction by Kim Knott (pg. 46 of 160) (for a challenge, but reading is information heavy so it's going kind of slowly so I can absorb it more!)

ARCs Coming Up Next in the TBR Pile:
1. One Amazing Thing by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
2. Fireworks Over Taccoa by Jeffrey Stepakoff
3. She's So Dead to Us by Kieran Scott
4. Didn't I Feed You Yesterday? A Mother's Guide to Sanity in Stilettos by Laura Bennett

Books for Challenges Coming Up Next in the TBR Pile:
1. Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
2. 10 Things I Hate About Christianity by Jason T. Berggren
3. Maximum Ride 4 by James Patterson
4. Uglies by Scott Westerfield

Reviews posted this past week:
1. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
2. Cecil Learns to Smile by Charlotte Bucher

Books still needing to have reviews written or posted:
1. Persuasion by Jane Austen
2. The Truth Lies in the Dark by Kristin Callendar

Current giveaways on this blog:
None at this time

Book Montage:

3 comments:

  1. I loved Looking For Alaska...this is one book that my son and I both read and had lots to talk about afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious to see what you think of "Looking for Alaska." I wasn't a big fan.

    And I'm reading the Jen Lancaster "Pretty Fat" book now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved an Abundance of Katherines but I haven't read Looking for Alaska. Interested to read what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!