May 2, 2010

April Round-Up, Plus What's Coming Next


BLOG STATISTICS:
2,394 Visits and 3,827 Page Views
44.74% New Visitors
Visitors Coming Mostly From:
~U.S.
~Canada
~U.K.
~Australia
~Philippines
~Finland
~Germany
~India
~Colombia
~New Zealand

BOOKS READ IN APRIL:
1. Serious Doubts: Why People Marry When They Know It Won't Last by Carl Weisman
2. Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner
3. Scared by Tom Davis
4. Dark Remedy by Trent Stephens and Rock Brynner
5. Talk to Me Like I'm Someone You Love by Nancy Dryfus
6. Is There a Monster Over There? by Sally O. Lee

TOP POSTS FOR APRIL (including comments and page views):
1. In Which I Give My Opinion on the U.K vs. U.S. Book Bloggers Debacle
2. Snapshots in Diversity: Special Series- AARTI
3. What's in a Name?
4. April is Cultural Diversity Month
5. Snapshots in Diversity: Special Series- NYMETH
6. What Books Are You Intimidated By?
7. I Should Love Them, But I Just Hate Them
8. Colorful Reading Challenge 2010
9. Lenore Answers 20 Questions
10. Book Cover Lust or Disgust?


TOP COMMENTERS:
1. Tasha B. (Truth, Beauty, Freedom, Books) 36 comments
2. Kathy (Bermudaonion's Weblog) 27 comments
3. Jenners (Find Your Next Book Here) 18 comments
4. Staci (Life in the Thumb) 15 comments
5. Tif (Tif Talks Books) 14 comments
6. Kathleen (Callista's Ramblings), Jill aka Softdrink (Fizzy Thoughts) 12 comments
7. Amanda (The Zen Leaf), Kristen M. (We Be Reading), Michelle (Galleysmith) 10 comments
8. Deb (Bookmagic), Lisa (Lit & Life), Jill (Rhapsody in Books), Stephanie (Laughing Stars: The Stark Raving Bibliophile) 9 comments
9. Aarti (BOOKLUST), Jenny (Jenny's Books) 8 comments
10. Avid Reader (The Avid Reader's Musings), Mardel (Rabid Reader) 7 comments


REGULAR & NEW VISITORS TO THE BLOG SHOUT-OUT:
Andi
April (booksandwine)
Aths
Becky (Page Turners)
Bellezza
Beth F
Blodeuedd
carolsnotebook
chasingbawa
cutlex
fleurfisher
Florinda
fredamans
Gavin
Helen's Book Blog
historyofshe
IceDream
J.C. Montgomery
jacobsbeloved
Pam
Serena
shelburns
Tea
thebumbles
winstonsdad


BOOKS I HOPE TO READ IN MAY:
1. The Blue Notebook: A Novel by James Levine
2. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen
3. The Truth Lies in the Dark by Kristen Callender
4. Persuasion by Jane Austen


POSTS COMING UP IN MAY- Look for them!:
1. On Book Series: To Sequel or Not to Sequel
2. Take Me Away...to Fiji
3. Allie from A Literary Odyssey Answers 20 Questions
4. 20 Questions Revamp!
5. My Month in Movies- April Edition
6. Special Fibromyalgia Awareness Post


CHALLENGES: WHERE AM I?:

Personal Project: Books and Movies for Dad (0 read, 1 watched) (No change this month.)
100+ Reading Challenge (21 of 100)
Colorful Reading Challenge (0 of 9) (The Blue Notebook is coming next.)
TwentyTen Challenge (3 of 20)
Centuries Challenge (8 of 55)
Young Adults Challenge (3 of 25)
Year of the Historical (1 of 12)
JP Challenge (3 of 10)
Random Reading (9 of 12)
ARC Challenge (7 of 12) (Made good progress here.)
Support Library (5 of 25)
Flashback Challenge (0 of 3)
Young Readers (1 of 12)
We Didn't Start the Fire (1 of 8) (I finished a second book for this but I haven't reviewed it yet.)
Take Another Chance (1 of 6)
YA Decades (1 of 8)
ThemeQuest (0 of 3)
RYOB (3 of 10)
1st in a Series (0 of 3)
Women Unbound (1 of 2) (Need to read my nonfiction choice now.)
Memoir Challenge (0 of 4) (I am reading a memoir now- Children of Dust.)
New Authors (6 of 25)
Jane Austen Challenge (0 of 4 read)
Indi Authors (1 of 12)
World Religion Challenge (0 read) (Reading a book for this now.)
Art History Challenge (3 of 6) CHALLENGE OVER
A to Z Challenge (4of 26) (I keep reading books that start with the same letter.)
Banned Books (33 of 50)
100 Shots of Short (35 of 100) (Read a short story/fairy tale by Brothers Grimm.)


Here's how I did last month.

10 comments:

  1. I like this, it covers all!
    I want to read The Blue Notebook also. I keep meaning to add to library hold list but forgetting. Thanks for the reminder.

    I can't wait to go to Fiji!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy donkeys I didn't realize I'd commented as often as that! I've been so bad with commenting lately, but I"m glad I've gotten to your blog more often than I thought. I've felt so guilty not getting ot everyone's posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! A Sneetch endorsement? I want one of those! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. +JMJ+

    I'm looking forward to your review of Persuasion, Rebecca. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shoutout backatcha!!!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/04/april-monthly-news.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu are the bomb when it comes to the stats!!! Looks like you had a lot of new people checking you out this month..yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved The Blue Notebook. That is one book that has not gotten the attention it deserves... Can't wait to read what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh you are really in touch with what happens on your blog ... I'm not really!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing great in the challenges and reading for the year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!