May 20, 2010

ALL NEW QUESTIONS START TODAY with A Buckeye Girl Reads!

This is the feature 20 Questions where book bloggers allow us to get to know them a little bit better! To keep it interesting, I have thrown out several questions and added some new ones! The first to answer these new questions is Colette from A Buckeye Girl Reads! Welcome to Lost in Books and 20 Questions, Collette!




20 QUESTIONS

1. MY EARLIEST MEMORY OF READING: My earliest memory of reading is reading with my mom. I remember making her re-read the following children's books to me over and over again: Harold and the Purple Crayon, Where the Wild things Are, The Velveteen Rabbit and a Seasame Street book-There's A Monster At the End of the Book.

2. THE FIRST BOOK I READ OVER AND OVER: I'm not sure, but it was either a Ramona book by Beverly Cleary or a Judy Blume book

3. A CHILDREN’S BOOK EVERY CHILD SHOULD READ: The Velveteen Rabbit

4. THE BOOK I HAVE RE-READ THE MOST TIMES: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

5. MY FAVORITE PLACE TO READ: On the couch

6. MY MUST-HAVE READING ACCESSORIES: A bookmark, sticky notes, (The sticky notes are so I can remember any good recipes I find in books-I've gotten into this bad habit of wanting to eat whatever the characters in the book are eating.) and a can of coca cola. (I always have to have something to drink while I read-I don't know why.

7. THE NUMBER OF BOOKS I OWN (YOU CAN GUESS): I'm guessing on the low end, and going with around 200

8. MY BOOKSHELVES ARE: An organized mess

9. THE NUMBER OF BOOKS ON MY TBR LIST: 210 (What did I do before GoodReads?)

10. THE WAY I KEEP TRACK OF BOOKS I WANT TO READ: I use GoodReads-I have a bookshelf with almost every blog I read, that way I can remember where I found the book on the tbr list. Spreadsheets just aren't my thing.

11. THE LAST BOOK I RECEIVED/BOUGHT: Mind Games by Carolyn Crane

12. A BOOK THAT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE IN SOME WAY: Left to Tell by Immaculée Ilibagiza. It's a non fiction book about the genocide in Rwanda. It made me re-open my eyes to the struggles across the globe. Her story is such a powerful one. My Grandma read it and made everyone she knew read it as well.

13. A BOOK I LIKE THAT NO ONE ELSE SEEMS TO: Persuasion by Jane Austen-It seems to be a lot of peoples least favorite Austen book, but I loved it.

14. A BOOK I DON’T LIKE THAT EVERYONE ELSE SEEMS TO LOVE: The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfeld

15. A BOOK THAT INTIMIDATES ME: Moby Dick-I've never been able to conquer that whale.

16. IF I COULD GO TO ANY LITERARY DESTINATION I WOULD CHOOSE: Scotland, esp. the Scotland in Lynn Kurland's time travel books. Who wouldn't want to go back in time and nab their own Knight in Shining Armor & be able to bring him back to the present time?

17. THREE OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS: Barbara Kingsolver, Chloe Neill, Leanna Renee Hieber

18. I HAVE BEEN BLOGGING ABOUT BOOKS SINCE: 2009 (My blogiversary is sometime this week.)

19. MY BOOK BLOG STANDS OUT FROM THE CROWD BECAUSE: My Sigh & crushworthy Meters. I started them after I read a historical romance novel where I kept sighing over the earl in the book.

20. THREE BOOK BLOGGERS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE FEATURED IN THE FUTURE: Becky from One Literature Nut, Hanging With Bells, and Leontine from Leontine's Book Realm



~Coming Up on 20 Questions!~

Heather J. of Age 30+ in Books
Laurel Ann of Austenprose

9 comments:

  1. I love the new questions, but I'm glad I didn't have to answer #19 when I did this. I love Barbara Kingsolver too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for interviewing me-it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not like The Thirteenth Tale at all. Glad to know I'm not the only one! :)

    Greetings,
    Tiina

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, you like Harold and the Purple Crayon? Nooooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Collette!! But you only have 210 books on your TBR list on Goodreads...mine is out of control!! I so loved Left to Tell..what a powerful book. I can't wait to read Persuasion this summer. I'm going to have to check out the sigh and crushworthy meters!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the new questions!!!

    And love those early books ... they were it for me too ... and now I'm sharing them with my son. In my mind, "The Monster At The End of This Book" is pure genius.

    And I do love the sigh and crushworthy aspects of her blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well,what can I say..Happy blogiversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your meters! Barbara Kingsolver is awesome, I didn't know you liked her too. Great post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Persuasion is my favorite Austen books AND one of my favorite books of all time. I love that book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!