April 5, 2010

What I'm Reading on Mondays


This meme is now hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey. You can leave your post with the Mr. Linky there.

Books I completed the past week are:
1. Talk to Me Like I'm Someone You Love by Nancy Dreyfuss (ARC)
2. Serious Doubts: Why People Marry When They Know It Won't Last by Carl Weisman (ARC)

Books I am working on:
Fiction:
1. Scared by Tom Davis (pg. 120 of 283)

Nonfiction:
1. Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster (pg. 200 of 380) (just because I like her)
2. Recovering My Voice by Aruni Nan Futuronsky (pg. 10 of 324) (ARC)

ARCs and Other Books For Review Coming Up Next:
1.Children of Dust: A Memoir of Pakistan by Ali Eteraz
2. The Truth Lies in the Dark by Kristen Callender
3. Letters to Rosy by C. Ellene Bartlett
4. One Amazing Thing by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

Reviews posted this past week:
1. none

Books still needing to have reviews written or posted:
1. Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner (ARC)
2. Talk to Me Like I'm Someone You Love by Nancy Dreyfuss (ARC)

Current giveaways on this blog:
None this week

8 comments:

  1. A good friend of mine experienced the "why did we marry when I knew it wouldn't last." He knew it months before the wedding but just didn't want to say anything..he's a turd in my book. Her parents spent a lot of $$$$$$, she's heartbroken (of course, they're divored now) and he left her with the bills, house payment, while he went out found someone else and now has a baby!! Egads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read One Amazing Thing so badly. Should I read Sister of My Heart first? Is OAT a stand alone book. I truly loved Children of Dust. Great book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My What are you reading is here.

    http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2010/04/what-are-you-reading-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to get to Children of the Dust. It seemed good when I picked it up, but unfortunately I had to put it down to finish something else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Children of Dust and can not wait to read it. You have wonderful books here! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Children of Dust is definitely on my TBR list. I'll be interested to see what you think since you'll get to it before me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Jen Lancaster book looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have yet to read any Jen Lancaster, but I do love her titles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!