April 4, 2010

TSS: March Monthly Wrap Up, Plus What's Coming Up

Some cool stuff happened this month. I was featured over on Cathy's blog for Scene of the Blog, I guest posted on Tasha's blog Truth, Beauty, Freedom, and Books on culturally diverse classic novels, and I watched some great movies this month, too.

BOOKS READ:
1. Stepmonster by Wednesday Martin
2. Leading the Way by Irene Poon
3. The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran
4. Searching for Whitopia by Rich Benjamin (ARC)
5. Hush: An Irish Princess' Tale by Donna Jo Napoli
6. The Writing on My Forehead by Nafisa Haji (Book Tour, ARC)

TOP POSTS FOR MARCH (including comments and page views):

20 Questions with Jill from Fizzy Thoughts
Personal Project: Books and Movies for Dad
Book List: Take a Trip Down Memory Lane
Celebrating Women's History Month
Combining Art with Literacy for Young Children
20 Questions with Michelle of Galleysmith
The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran
What I'm Reading on Monday

TOP COMMENTERS (I didn't forget about you!):
1. Tasha B. (Truth, Beauty, Freedom, Books) 22 comments
2. Kathy (Bermudaonion's Weblog) 19 comments
3. Jenners (Find Your Next Book Here) 15 comments
4. Staci (Life in the Thumb) 13 comments
5. Deb (Bookmagic), Stephanie (Laughing Stars: The Stark Raving Bibliophile) 9 comments
6. Tif (Tif Talks Books) 8 comments
7. Amanda (The Zen Leaf), Lisa (Lit & Life) 7 comments
8. Jill (Rhapsody in Books) 6 comments
9. Enbrethiliel, Jenny (Jenny's Books), Kristen M. (We Be Reading), Jill aka Softdrink (Fizzy Thoughts) 5 comments
10. Allie (A Literary Odyssey), Andi (Estella's Revenge), Avid Reader (The Avid Reader's Musings), Jeanne (Necromancy Never Pays), Katy (A Few More Pages), Trisha (Eclectic/Eccentric) 4 comments

REGULAR VISITORS TO THE BLOG:
(They may not leave the most comments but they are regular readers and I'd like to point out a few every month to say thank you for reading and coming back!)
justicejenniferreads
avisannschild
fredamans
Lexie
Amy @ Passages to the Past
Kathrin
Lilly
Vasilly
Mardel
Michelle (Red Headed Book Child)
Charley
The Book Chook
Nymeth

BOOKS I HOPE TO READ IN APRIL:
1. Scared by Tom Davis
2. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen
3. Recovering My Voice by Aruni Nan Futuronsky
4. Children of Dust: A Memoir of Pakistan by Ali Eteraz
5. The Truth Lies in the Dark by Kristen Callender
6. The Blue Notebook: A Novel by James Levine


POSTS COMING UP IN APRIL- Look for them!:
1. Autism: Do You Know the Signs? (for Autism Awareness Month)
2. Book List: Regrettable Book Covers, Books I Should Love But Actually Hate, and Favorite Eras to Read About
3. Wrap-Up Post for 100 Mile Fitness Challenge 2
4. Beginning of 100 Mile Fitness Challenge 3
5. Special Earth Day Personal Challenge
6. Bringing back Take Me Away Feature, now on a monthly basis
7. Posts for Celebrate Diversity Month
8. National Poetry Month- I'm celebrating by sharing some of my favorite poems
9. Celebrating National Library Week April 11-17
10. I will also be talking about the Week of the Young Child, also April 11-17
11. AND OF COURSE THE APRIL 10TH READ-A-THON! WOOHOO!

CHALLENGES: WHERE AM I?: You can take a look, but it is so pathetic.

Personal Project: Books and Movies for Dad (0 read, 1 watched)
100+ Reading Challenge (14 of 100) (This low # explains the rest of the low #'s.)
Colorful Reading Challenge (0 of 9) (I have GOT to get going on my own challenge!)
TwentyTen Challenge (2 of 20)
Centuries Challenge (6 of 55)
Young Adults Challenge (3 of 25)
Year of the Historical (1 of 12)
JP Challenge (3 of 10)
Random Reading (9 of 12)
ARC Challenge (3 of 12)
Support Library (4 of 25)
Flashback Challenge (0 of 3)
Young Readers (0 of 12)
We Didn't Start the Fire (0 of 8) (Have had difficulty locating books on a couple topics I chose so I am prob going to switch some. Who knew my library would have nada on the Communist Bloc?)
Take Another Chance (0 of 6)
YA Decades (1 of 8)
ThemeQuest (0 of 3)
RYOB (3 of 10)
1st in a Series (0 of 3)
Women Unbound (1 of 2) (Need to read my nonfiction choice now.)
Memoir Challenge (0 of 4) (As much as I like memoirs I thought I'd be done with this by now. Must be my new resolve to read more fiction.)
New Authors (3 of 25)
Jane Austen Challenge (0 of 4 read) (I keep saving these for warm afternoons in the park.)
Indi Authors (1 of 12)
World Religion Challenge (0 read) (Yikes.)
Art History Challenge (3 of 6) (Kind of at a stalemate here because I can't find anymore books on my topic. Not at library nor at booksellers. It's Asian art. Really not an obscure topic, people.)
A to Z Challenge (3 of 26) (I keep reading books that start with the same letter.)
Banned Books (33 of 50)
100 Shots of Short (34 of 100) (Haven't read short stories this year but need to get to it for the Take a Chance challenge, too.)

9 comments:

  1. I didn't know April was Autism Awareness Month! I look forward to your post!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you find out who the Regular Visitors are? That's a wonderful feature, but I have no clue how to know who's visiting my blog if they are not leaving comments...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Children of Dust and Blue Notebook are both on my TBR! They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great monthly wrap-up. And thanks for the lurker mention... I'll try to comment more often. :-)

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see I need to leave more comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell me what area of Asian art you're most interested in and I'll e-mail one of my professors for book recs, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a great month! I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on The Luxe, it's been sitting forever in my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. +JMJ+

    I'm only #9? And tied for it???

    It seems I'll have to work on that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, look at all those challenges! You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!