April 11, 2010

READATHON Update 5 #readathon

It's 4AM. My blood type is now caffeine. Yet, I cannot help but feel crazy tired. I thought about maybe using the Wii Fit a little to get my energy level up. Then I rethought that. Probably just make me more tired.

So I am hoping I can finish Dark Remedy by the end of the readathon. To be fair, I am not reading every paragraph. I am scanning through some of the more boring parts (it is a nonfiction about the impact of thalidomide and it's revival as a vital medicine) and concentrating heavily on the more interesting parts. But I am counting the pages because it is for charity, right! Overall it is an interesting read, though, and I can't wait to share it with you all. I am reading it as part of the "We Didn't Start the Fire" Reading Challenge.

Title of book(s) read since last update:
  • I read 70 pages in Dark Remedy by Trent Stephens and Rock Brynner, which puts me on pg. 171 of 214.
  • I read 50 pages in It Happened One Night by Lisa Dale, which puts me on pg. 58 of 350.
  • I read 0 pages in Live Fast-Die Young: My Life with James Dean by John Gilmore, which puts me on pg. 40 of 254.

Number of books read since you started:
1/2 of Scared by Tom Davis (I started it pre-readathon.)
Pages read since last update: 120
Running total of pages read since you started: 369
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 2 hrs.
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 7.5 hrs
Mini-challenges completed: 1
Other participants you’ve visited since last update: J.T. @ Bibliofreak, Katy @ A Few More Pages, Deb @ Bookmagic
Prize you’ve won: 0

Charity: I am giving 3 cents for each page I read. I have read 369 pages so that is $11.07 that I am giving to the National Fibromyalgia Association so far.

8 comments:

  1. Keep going! You're doing great. I think scanning is inevitable during Readathons, I've been doing it myself today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caffeine would just make me more tired at this point. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Fellow caffeine blood type here...LOL! You're doing great! I had to switch from non-fic to The Dark Divine or I would be snoozing right now!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing awesome! I have a headache and given up reading. Unfortunately I'm wide awake. Sigh. I can't win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there! Get up and move around a bit, stretch. Read some more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be really shocking if your blood type will be caffeine, for real. Just keep going! Think about the benefits and the satisfaction after the marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caffeine...I need more of that stuff. And you are doing a wonderful with your readings and I'm so glad to see the donation you will be making!

    HAPPY readings & Go Team Wordsworth!!!

    YAY for the read-a-thon!!! *shakes pom poms*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't let those eyes droop
    head out on the stoop
    get some fresh air
    before heading back to that chair
    pick up your book
    take another look
    read, read, read

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!