April 20, 2010

Favorite Eras to Read About

The Book List is just a short and fun meme that allows you to share books and make a list of books!



This Week's Topic is:

3 Favorite Eras to Read About

Feeling kind of tired today so I am not going to elaborate on my list too much.
1. Ancient Egypt (depicted in books such as The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran)
2. British Regency (Pride & Prejudice, Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict)
3. Modern Middle East (A Thousand Splendid Suns)

So what about you? What eras do you find yourself wanting to read the most?

  • Write a post on your blog that is a list of 3 books pertaining to the topic above. It can be super short or long and windy. Choose your own M.O. :)
  • You may include photos with your lists, especially if that helps illustrate your point.
  • You link back to the week's post here on Lost in Books in your post so if someone else wants to play, they can find their way here.
  • Then you come here and leave your link in the Mr. Linky so other people can find your post and your list!
  • There is no obligation to post every single week. Participate when you can!
Sound fun? Then join in!

9 comments:

  1. Your list is great, but I would add World War II and The Great Depression to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great question! I can't wait to answer this one on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this list topic! What won for next week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun topic! I'll have to think about it, though--I'm not sure I have favorite setting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Late 1800's America, absolutely British Regency, and I do like current Middle Eastern books too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm such a loser ... I like reading books set in the modern era in the U.S. How lame is that?

    But I do like a good fantasy book too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy- WWII is in my top 5. Good choices.

    Buckeye Girl- I look forward to reading about your choices!

    Michelle- Thanks! What would yours be?

    Avid Reader- Honestly, I have no idea. I can't find how to get to the results. I can't get to it via Google Docs. If anyone knows how I can find it, let me know please!

    Tasha- What settings do you find you have read a lot in maybe?

    Staci- You and me think so much alike!

    Jen- It's not lame at all! It's what you like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lexie- It wouldn't let me leave you a comment for some reason on your post so I am leaving it for you here! :)

    We had two of the same favorite eras! Very cool. Frontier books are in my top ten. I am going to be reading more of them for my Books for Dad Project this year. Thanks for participating, Lexie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!