April 5, 2010

An Ending and A Beginning: The 2010 100 Mile Fitness Challenge


I took part in this challenge from January 1- March 31st. The goal is 100 miles but I thought I might get to 75 miles. I am very proud of myself because I got to 95 miles! Yesssssss! No, I didn't meet the goal but I got closer than I thought I would. Living with chronic pain means that you accept your limitations and do the best you can. So even if you don't meet a goal, you have still gained ground. And isn't that what it's all about anyway?

So I have entered the 100 Mile Challenge 3 for April-June. I hope you will keep up with how I am doing on my sidebar and I will try to post at least a monthly report of what I am accomplishing. Thanks for rooting for me (special shout-outs to Trisha, Amanda, Nymeth, and Michelle Galleysmith), which makes the challenge less of a challenge and more like a team effort. Love you guys! :)

If you want to see what it is all about or if you'd like to sign up to participate with us, click here.

11 comments:

  1. Congrats, Rebecca! There are those of us WITHOUT chronic pain who barely made it to 100 (or not at all) - you should be super proud of those 95 miles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Congratulations on doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I failed miserably at the challenge; time just sort of got away from me about half way through. Good luck over the next three months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo-hoo, 95 miles is amazing! Congrats!

    I'm thinking I should sign up for this challenge too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job. Good luck on round 2!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a fantastic job!!! Be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations and way to go signing up AGAIN! I envy your energy level! :--)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to say that I am so glad I discovered your blog! I signed up for the 100 Mile Fitness Challenge today, too. Congrats on 95 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I think you did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!! This is awesome news, congratulations on such a fabulous outcome.

    I'm not quite to the point where I can join in for this round but hopefully the next.

    Kudos and good luck for more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!