April 10, 2010

April Read-a-thon: It's a Challenge First Thing


Hey everybody! I have been excited to start the read-a-thon today and then yesterday I realized I had made plans weeks ago to go hang out with a friend this morning. Oops!! I should be back this afternoon, though!

I tried last night to get some reading done early but instead fell asleep reading on the couch! I moved to my bed because I couldn't keep my eyes open (I thought oh a little cat nap. I'll never sleep through the night...) I slept until 5am. Sooo I am going to do a little reading now before I leave to meet my friend and hopefully I don't fall asleep this time! LOL

Happy Reading Everyone!

16 comments:

  1. Have fun! I tend to get drowsy, too, but that's when I snack or walk around or something.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time with your friend! We'll be here cheering you on when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca, have fun! I've got to spend most of the afternoon out so I'm off to read now. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just popping over to say good luck before I get started today! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck! Go Team Woodsworth! What a great selection you have there---Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Traditional read-a-thon blessing (for when you get back):

    May the bookshelf be there to greet you.
    May all the books appeal.
    May the fridge be full of tasty snacks;
    the words fall soft upon your eyes and until the read-a-thon ends,
    may you always hold a book in the palm of your hand.

    Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just do what you can and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sun or rain or snow
    Both sides of the equator
    All are lost in books

    Haiku #12 (inspired by Dawn @ She Is Too Fond of Books)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! I hope you have fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Little late in the day stopping by, but happy reading to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like books
    I really do.
    Books with stories
    And pictures, too. (author unknown)

    Enjoy all the people you meet and places you go today.

    I hate mornings. Took forever to get up and moving today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hope the reading goes well tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!