April 6, 2010

April is Cultural Diversity Month


April has a lot of cool things going on. One of them is that it's Celebrate Diversity Month. To celebrate diversity, I encourage you to step outside of your comfort zones to gain an even deeper appreciation for the diversity of cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences of those around you and those who you may only know through blogging, for instance.

Which segues me into this: Lost in Books is hosting Snapshots in Diversity. I am asking bloggers from different cultural backgrounds to write a short piece on your culture. This is to help all of us understand how all kinds of people can come together and share common ground and become friends!

I have two signed up already, but I am asking for a few more participants! If you are interested in participating, please e-mail me (mycreativeimagination {at} yahoo {dot} com). Or feel free to leave a comment here, as well!

I am looking to fill the spaces below so I will only take people until I have the spaces filled. I am also looking for various cultures: Latino/Latina, Native American, Asian, Indian, etc. so I will be looking for just one person for a specific culture.

Here is the schedule:
SUNDAY, APRIL 11:
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14: Susan of Color Online
FRIDAY, APRIL 16: Aarti of BookLust
SUNDAY, APRIL 18: Mayra Calvani, the Latino Books Examiner
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 21:
FRIDAY, APRIL 23:
SUNDAY, APRIL 25:

*P.S. I have no idea why there is black around the purple button. I'm new at making these.

2 comments:

  1. You need to select the background as transparent (or another color if that's what you want).

    PS-I voted for the last option in your poll because it made me LOL. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tasha. And hahahahaha. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!