April 19, 2010

3 Down, 5 on the Plate: What I'm Reading Now Monday


This weekly meme is hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey. You can leave your post with the Mr. Linky there.

Books I completed the past week are:
1. Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner (ARC)
2. Scared by Tom Davis (ARC)
3. Dark Remedy: The Impact of Thalidomide and It's Revival as a Vital Medicine by Trent Stephens and Rock Brynner (for a challenge)

Books I am working on:
Fiction:
1. It Happened One Night by Lisa Dale (pg. 89 of 350) (ARC)
2. Web of Deceit by Darlene Cox (pg. 50 of 272) (ARC)
3. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne (pg. 88 of 224) (for a challenge)

Nonfiction:
1. Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster (pg. 200 of 380) (Random Read)
2. Recovering My Voice by Aruni Nan Futuronsky (pg. 236 of 324) (ARC)
3. Live Fast, Die Young: My Life with James Dean by John Gilmore (pg. 65 of 272) (for a challenge)

ARCs Coming Up Next in the TBR Pile:
1.Children of Dust: A Memoir of Pakistan by Ali Eteraz
2. The Truth Lies in the Dark by Kristen Callender
3. Letters to Rosy by C. Ellene Bartlett
4. One Amazing Thing by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
5. Fireworks Over Taccoa by Jeffrey Stepakoff

Books for Challenges Coming Up Next in the TBR Pile:
1. The Blue Notebook by James A. Levine
2. Walk On: The Spiritual Journey of U2 by Steve Stockman
3. Looking for Alaska by John Green
4. Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
5. History of Japanese Art by Penelope E. Mason

Reviews posted this past week:
1. Serious Doubts: Why People Marry When They Know It Won't Last by Carl Weisman (ARC)
2. Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner (ARC)
3. Scared by Tom Davis (ARC)

Books still needing to have reviews written or posted:
1. Talk to Me Like I'm Someone You Love by Nancy Dreyfuss (ARC)
2. Dark Remedy: The Impact of Thalidomide and It's Revival as a Vital Medicine by Trent Stephens and Rock Brynner

Current giveaways on this blog:
None this week but stay tuned

Book Montage:



6 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to read Boy in the Striped Pajamas so thank you for mentioning it and reminding me it is out there! Children of the Dust and the Blue Notebook are also on my TBR. Sounds like you have some wonderful reading coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you keep track of so many books at one time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas was a quick read, but very powerful book. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow -- you are working on six different books right now. That is incredible. Enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Jo-Jo that The Boy in the Striped Pajamas was a very quick read but a powerful story. I look forward to your reviews, especially of One Amazing Thing -- I really want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to reading what you think about The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!