March 22, 2010

What I'm Reading on Mondays

This meme is hosted by J. Kaye at J. Kaye's Book Blog, wherein I tell you about the many, many books I read at one time and the blogging that needs to shape up already.


Books I completed the past week are:
1. Searching for Whitopia by Rich Benjamin (ARC)

Books I am working on:
Fiction:
1. Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner (pg. 50 of 368) (ARC)
2. Hush: An Irish Princess' Tale by Donna Jo Napoli (pg. 61 of 308) (for a challenge, and just because I wanted to read it)

Nonfiction:
1. Serious Doubts: Why People Marry When They Know It Won't Last by Carl Weisman (pg.100 of 170) (ARC)
2. Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster (pg. 120 of 380) (just because I like her)


ARCs and Other Books For Review Coming Up Next (The "I'm So Behind" Pile):
1. Scared by Tom Davis
2. Recovering My Voice by Aruni Nan Futuronsky
3. Children of Dust: A Memoir of Pakistan by Ali Eteraz
4. The Truth Lies in the Dark by Kristen Callender
5. Letters to Rosy by C. Ellene Bartlett


Reviews posted past week:
1. Leading the Way by Irene Poon (4 Stars)
2. The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran (5 Stars)


Books still needing to have reviews written or posted:
1. The Writing on My Forehead by Nafisa Haji (ARC for March tour- look for review March 29th)
2. Searching for Whitopia by Rich Benjamin (ARC)

Current giveaways on this blog:

One copy of The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran (Contest ends Thursday, March 25th)

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear what you think of the Jen Lancaster, I loved Bitter is the New Black.
    I read Children of Dust- it was really good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb- I liked Bitter is the New Black a lot. Jenners liked this one better, but I liked the first one better. But again that could be because of what we were talking about on Twitter, too- in a reading funk of sorts. Children of Dust looks good. Glad to know it comes highly recommended from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jennifer Weiner books. They're great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to seeing what you have to say about searching for Whitopia. That looked like it would be a really good book, but I never picked it up because I am swamped with other books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all book bloggers are perpetually behind, so don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read two Donna Jo Napoli novels--Sirena, which was about a mermaid (great book, but also frustrating for me. I'm still torn on whether I liked it or not) and Daughter of Venice, which I couldn't finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!