March 29, 2010

What I'm Reading on Monday


This meme is now hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey. You can leave your post with the Mr. Linky there.


Books I completed the past week are:
1. Hush: An Irish Princess' Tale by Donna Jo Napoli
2. Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner (ARC)

Books I am working on:
Fiction:
1. Scared by Tom Davis (pg. 23 of 283)

Nonfiction:
1. Serious Doubts: Why People Marry When They Know It Won't Last by Carl Weisman (pg.140 of 170) (ARC)
2. Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster (pg. 120 of 380) (just because I like her)
3. Talk to Me Like I'm Someone You Love by Nancy Dreyfuss (pg. 200 of 282) (ARC)


ARCs and Other Books For Review Coming Up Next (The "I'm So Behind" Pile):
1. Recovering My Voice by Aruni Nan Futuronsky
2. Children of Dust: A Memoir of Pakistan by Ali Eteraz
3. The Truth Lies in the Dark by Kristen Callender
4. Letters to Rosy by C. Ellene Bartlett
5. One Amazing Thing by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

Reviews posted past week:
1. The Writing on My Forehead by Nafisa Haji (Book Tour) (4 Stars)
2. Hush: An Irish Princess' Tale by Donna Jo Napoli (3.5 Stars)
3. Searching for Whitopia by Rich Benjamin (4 Stars)
Books still needing to have reviews written or posted:
1. Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner (ARC)

Current giveaways on this blog:
None this week

10 comments:

  1. I've been on the fence about reading Best Friends Forever. Hope you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel like I'm behind!! LOL! have a great week of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind've liking the title Bright Lights, Big Ass. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a lot of reading you have to do. I have One Amazing Thing and Children of Dust on my TBR shelves also. good luck getting all of it done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a great week in books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Scared. It gets a little bit far-fetched and overdone, toward the end, but there's a point and I appreciated the author's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the reading you have to do. It's always nice when there is a great variety to choose from, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best Friends Forever sounds good - I also have Children Of Dust in the TBR.

    Have a good week - you have many wonderful books here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've enjoyed every Jennifer Weiner book that I've read. Did you enjoy Best Friends Forever?

    ReplyDelete
  10. alitareads/Mardel- I didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped I would, but there were still good elements to it. I will have the review up this week hopefully.

    Staci- With everyone reading 7 books a week, I feel like I am the only one perpetually behind!

    Stephanie- It is a good book. There is more cleverness hidden within the covers. :)

    Natasha- Yes, a lot to do. I heard Children of Dust is very good and One Amazing Thing really intrigues me.

    Kathy- Thanks! You too! :)

    Bookfool- It is kind of a hard read at times but I, too, appreciate the theme. I am on page 70 now and I am worried about Adanna's mother. It doesn't look good.

    Stephanie- Variety is the spice to life, girl! I thrive on it.

    Sheila- Thanks! So many books, so little time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!