March 8, 2010

What I'm Reading Now

This meme is hosted by J. Kaye at J. Kaye's Book Blog.

Some people have commented on how many books I read at the same time. I know I read a lot at once. It has something to do with having Attention-Deficit. I can't pay attention for very long to even a stellar book, fiction or nonfiction. I get bored very easily. I have to have several different projects and several different books going on at one time or I feel claustrophobic and not stimulated enough. This could also explain why I don't do long-term relationships very well, but that's a different can of worms...


Books I completed the past week are:
1. The Writing on My Forehead by Nafisa Haji (ARC for March tour)
2. The Complete Book of Natural Pain Relief by Richard Thomas
3. Leading the Way by Irene Poon


Books I am working on:
Fiction:
1. Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner (pg. 20 of 368) (ARC)
2. The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran (pg. 188 of 383) (for a challenge)

Nonfiction:
1. Serious Doubts: Why People Marry When They Know It Won't Last by Carl Weisman (pg. 76 of 170) (ARC)
2. Searching for Whitopia by Rich Benjamin (pg. 290 of 368) (ARC)
3. Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster (pg. 80 of 380) (just because I like her)
4. The Art of Gaman: Arts & Crafts from the Japanese American Internment Camps by Delphine Hirasuna (pg. 100 of 124) (for a challenge)


ARCs and Other Books For Review Coming Up Next (I'm So Behind):
1. Scared by Tom Davis
2. Recovering My Voice by Aruni Nan Futuronsky
3. Children of Dust: A Memoir of Pakistan by Ali Eteraz
4. The Truth Lies in the Dark by Kristen Callender
5. Letters to Rosy by C. Ellene Bartlett


Reviews posted past week:
1. Stepmonster: A New Look at Why Real Stepmothers Think, Act, and Feel the Way We Do by Wednesday Martin (4 Stars)


Books still needing to have reviews written or posted:
1. The Writing on My Forehead by Nafisa Haji (ARC for March tour- look for review March 29th)
2. Leading the Way by Irene Poon (for a challenge)

Current giveaways on this blog:
none

6 comments:

  1. Children of Dust is definitely on my list. Be sure to change your link on this meme since J.Kaye doesn't host anymore. It's now over on One Woman's Journey through a world of books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed that you can read so many at one time. I have to stick to one and give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got all 3 of Moran's books and haven't read any of them yet. You'd never know I'm really anxious to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed Best Friends Forever.

    I'm reading In The Courts of the Sun right now. So interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't read this many at a time, but I do find that as I get older I have a tendency to focus on more books at a time than I used to. I also find myself bored or floundering, and I need an alternative selection (or two) to keep me going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading a bit off my channel after finishing Donalyn Miller's The Book Whisperer (see my review at http://www.nyjournalofbooks.com/2010/03/book-whisperer-awakening-inner-reader.html#links%3Chttp://www.nyjournalofbooks.com_____________________/%3E)

    I'm now reading I Am Ozzy by Ozzy Osborne!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!