March 30, 2010

Talkin' about book covers on today's Book List

The Book List is just a short and fun meme that allows you to share books and make a list of books! Sorry it is so late today! I didn't realize I didn't have it scheduled to post automatically!


This Week's Topic is:

3 Favorite Book Covers

I found it hard to narrow it down to just three! You may already know I have an affinity for paths (Paths lead somewhere new, somewhere exciting, somewhere different, to different people and different places. Paths rock.) So, I chose 3 other cover elements that intrigue me.

1. A Disobedient Girl: A Novel by Ru Freeman

Why I Like It: I think backs turned to you are mysterious. I want to find out what they are hiding.





2. Anonymous Lawyer: A Novel by Jeremy Blachman

Why I Like It: It is creative. It is eye-catching. It is humorous. It makes me want to at least read the book flap or back cover and see what the book is about.




3. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Why I Like It: The story is about fallen angels and romance. It immediately sends the message that this book has a kind of mysterious mood to it. I also like that it actually has him in a falling position and that it is black & white, except for the feathers on the very top, which are red.



So what covers do you find beautiful, intriguing, fun, or just plain perfect for the type of story that's inside? Answer in your own post! Here's how:

  • Write a post on your blog that is a list of 3 books pertaining to the topic above.
  • You may include photos with your lists, especially if that helps illustrate your point.
  • You link back to the week's post here on Lost in Books in your post so if someone else wants to play, they can find their way here.
  • Then you come here and leave your link in the Mr. Linky so other people can find your post and your list!
  • There is no obligation to post every single week. Participate when you can!
Sound fun? Then join in!



Upcoming Topics:
~3 Regrettable Book Covers
~3 Books I Should Love, But Actually Hate
~3 Favorite Eras to Read About

6 comments:

  1. I'd be hard pressed to pick 3 favorites! I do love all of those you've selected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to do this but I don't have time now as we're going away on vacay and I'm short on time. I'll post it when I get back! Love your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Disobedient Girl cover as well. The blue is so eye-catching...

    ReplyDelete
  4. +JMJ+

    To my untrained and unappreciative eye, a cover is a palette of colours that either works or doesn't work. I've never really thought of cover elements before, but I'm glad that you've got me started on that new path, Rebecca. (Heh-heh . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm . . . This is a hard one!! The one book that comes first to my mind is Wicked. I love both the original and the musical versions . . . That's why I own both copies!! I'd have to think about the others though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!