This is 20 Questions, where we get to know our fellow book bloggers a little better! Today I would like to present to you Michelle of the book blog Galleysmith! Thank you so much, Michelle, for taking the time to share with us today!
1. Last book you bought: The Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan arrived on my door step this week and I jumped right into it. It's the companion to The Forest of Hands and Teeth and it is SO so good. If you're looking for great YA reads do get these. They're phenomenal.
2. Last book you got in the mail: I just got "Big Nate", a children's book unsolicited from Harper Collins yesterday. It looks like an interesting and fun little book though will likely languish on my TBR pile for awhile because of other obligations.
3. The first book you read over and over: I rarely re-read any book but I believe I’ve read the sequel to
4. a couple times. Children’s book every child should read: Charlotte’s Web
5. Favorite place to read: The couch
6. A book you bought just for the cover: Oh man, so so many I can’t even begin to list them all
7. Scariest book ever read: I don’t read scary books, darkest books I’ve read would likely be Anne Rice
8. Most romantic book ever read: Beautiful Creatures
9. Book that changed your life in some way:
10. – it introduced me to the YA genre and I’ve not looked back! Book you’ve re-read the most times: I don’t re-read books
11. Book you needed the Cliff’s Notes for: Homer, Iliad, many multitudes of the classics
12. Book you needed the dictionary for: I don’t use a dictionary while I read, if I can’t get the gist of the word from the scene then I just move on.
13. Book you like that no one else seems to: I liked Hush, Hush and Fallen both of which seem to be disliked by a great deal of people.
14. Book you don’t like that everyone else seems to love: Hmmm, that’s a tough one because generally you can find a few people that like every book you do. But I guess you could reverse the above answer to fit this one ;)
15. Number of books you own (you can guess): Roughly about 400ish
16. Number of books on your TBR list (that you have not acquired yet): Roughly about 400ish, haha. Only kidding, but it’s probably over 100.
17. Must-have reading accessories: blanket, white noise
18. Literary Destination You Want to Go to: As close as it is I still haven’t been to the Library of Congress
19. Top Three Favorite Authors: , Garcia/Stohl, — I’d read anything they put in front of me no questions asked.
20. Three Bloggers You Want to See Featured in the Future: Drea, from Book Blather, Trish from Hey Lady, LizB from A Chair, A Fireplace & A Tea Cozy
I liked Hush, Hush, too. I think I have a thing for angels and winged people because I am also a big fan of the Maximum Ride Series and I want to read Fallen, among others. :) I want to read The Forest of Hands and Teeth and now I know I can look forward to a good sequel if I like it. Cool. I can completely believe you haven't visited Library of Congress. I have been to D.C. many times and haven't been yet. Plus, I think many of us put off going places that are nearby because we think we can go anytime- and then we never actually get around to it! I think it is interesting you will read anything put in front of you. I think it is a good philosophy to have since you never know what you may end up liking and there is no rule that says you have to finish it if it is just not your thing! Thanks for sharing today, Michelle!
Check below to see who is appearing on 20 Questions next! There's a great lineup!:
~Trisha of eclectic/eccentric (3/18)
~Natasha (aka Vasilly) of 1330v (3/25)
~Staci of Life in the Thumb (4/1)
~Kathleen (Callista) of SMS Book Reviews (4/8)
~Michelle of The True Book Addict (4/15)