This Week's Topic is:
3 Books That You Loved As a Child (I'm thinking 12 years old and younger for this category.)
My Own List:
1. The Best Word Book Ever by Richard Scarry
I wrote about why on my About Me page.
2. Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman
A baby bird is hatched while his mother is away. Fallen from his nest, he sets out to look for her and asks everyone he meets -- including a dog, a cow, and a plane -- "Are you my mother?" I loved the repetition in this book and read it to myself often after I learned to read. In fact my first children's story I wrote in high school was about a bird named Chirp who fell out of his nest and my mother, who illustrated it for me, drew the bird after the baby bird in this story. It was only a little plagiarized, though. My story was about 3 other unlikely animal friends who encourage Chirp the bird to fly and he does learn to fly once his self-esteem is boosted. Ah, what a heartwarming story. Too bad it was actually terrible, haha.
3. The Babysitter's Club Super Special #1: Baby-Sitters on Board by Ann M. Martin
I loved this book when I was like 10-12. I read it so much I had the thing memorized just about. Even 20 years after the last time I read it I can still remember parts of the book- really random stuff. Like I remember Kristi not believing in the old wives' tale of not swimming after she ate but she had had 2 poached eggs and all this other stuff for breakfast so she was going to wait anyways just to be on the safe side. Yeah, you're darn right it's scary I remember that.
So what books did you love to read (or have read to you) over and over again? What made them so lovable to you?
The way you do this meme is simple:
- There is a different topic each week, which will be posted here.
- You write a post on your own blog about the topic. The post will be a list of 3 books pertaining to the topic.
- You may include photos with your lists, especially if that helps illustrate your point.
- You link back to the week's post here on Lost in Books in your post so if someone else wants to play, they can find their way here.
- Then you come here and leave your link in the Mr. Linky so other people can find your post and your list!
- There is no obligation to post every single week. Participate when you can!
~3 Favorite Book Covers
~3 Regrettable Book Covers
~3 Books I Should Love, But Actually Hate