February 22, 2010

What I'm Reading Plus Fabulous Commenters

This meme is hosted by J. Kaye at J. Kaye's Book Blog.


Books I completed the past week are:
1. Chinese Landscape Painting by Sherman Lee
2. Maximum Ride 3: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson


Books I am working on:
Fiction:
1. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (pg. 58 of 704) I'm having trouble getting into this story but I am determined to give it more time. (for a challenge)
2. The Writing on My Forehead by Nafisa Haji (ARC for March tour) (pg. 51 of 320)

Nonfiction:
1. Serious Doubts: Why People Marry When They Know It Won't Last by Carl Weisman (pg. 76 of 170) (ARC)
2. Searching for Whitopia by Rich Benjamin (pg. 200 of 368) (ARC)
3. Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster (pg. 64 of 380) (just because I like her)
4. The Art of Gaman: Arts & Crafts from the Japanese American Internment Camps by Delphine Hirasuna (pg. 10 of 124) (for a challenge)
5. The Complete Book of Natural Pain Relief by Richard Thomas (pg. 27 of 154) (just because)

ARCs and Other Books For Review Coming Up Next (I'm So Behind):
1. Best Friends by Jennifer Weiner
2. Scared by Tom Davis
3. Recovering My Voice by Aruni Nan Futuronsky
4. The Truth Lies in the Dark by Kristen Callender
5. Children of Dust: A Memoir of Pakistan by Ali Eteraz

Reviews posted past week:
1. Maximum Ride 3: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson
2. A Lucky Child: A Memoir of Surviving Auschwitz as a Young Boy by Thomas Buergenthal
3.Chinese Landscape Painting by Sherman Lee


Books still needing to have reviews written or posted:
1. Stepmonster: A New Look at Why Real Stepmothers Think, Act, and Feel the Way We Do by Wednesday Martin (ARC)

Current giveaways on this blog:
none

Posts with the Most Comments:
1.
REVIEW: A Lucky Child: A Memoir of Surviving Auschwitz as a Young Boy by Thomas Buergenthal (15 comments)
2. Reading on Monday Plus Fabulous Commenters (12 comments)
3. Book List: Books That Make Me Long for Warmer Weather (12 comments)
4. 20 Questions with Susan of The Book Chook (12 comments)


Most Fabulous Commenters of February 15-22:
1. Bermudaonion (Kathy) of Bermudaonion's Weblog - 7 comments'
2. Heidenkind of Heidenkind's Hideaway - 6 comments
3. Jenners of Find Your Next Book Here and Staci of Life in the Thumb - 5 comments
4. Jeanne of Necromancy Never Pays and Susan of The Book Chook - 3 comments


Thank you for your comments! They make me want to write and blog more!

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, I look forward to your thougths on Children of Dust - that sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! How can you keep up with that many books at one time? You're obviously smarter than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have The Historian on my TBR shelf (have I mentioned this?). I hope you can get into it, because if you can't, I don't think there's much hope for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed The Historian but maybe you're just not in the right mood for it??? I can't believe how much non-fiction you read!!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Best Friends Forever. It was a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you have at least one "Just because I want to" book on that very long list!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are reading a ridiculous amount of books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Give The Historian time. I thought it really gathered steam. Now, I normally cannot read vampire stories. In fact, it is the only one I have ever read. I loved it. A "great yarn" -- which I generally love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to find out if you can get into The Historian! I've had it on my shelves for years, and the size of it is usually what deters me from actually throwing myself in. I seem to be tackling (or willing to tackle) a few more chunksters this year, so maybe I'll finally get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you make it to page 388 of The Historian ( which is where I gave in) then I will finish it with you!

    I enjoyed Children of the Dust, very eye-opening.

    I really need to read something by Jennifer Weiner- she is so funny on twitter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!