February 1, 2010

What Are You Reading On Mondays? My Debut :)

This meme is hosted by J. Kaye at J. Kaye's Book Blog. I am going to start doing this in collaboration with the Short Reports I did in 2009. I have not done one of these at all for January so I am doing this one for the whole month.

Books I completed this month are:
1. My Point...and I Do Have One by Ellen DeGeneres
2. The Wives of Henry Oades by Johanna Moran (arc/are)
3. Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell
4. The Art of Tantra by
5. The Painter's Life by K.B. Dixon (arc/are)


Books I am working on:
Fiction:
1. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (pg. 35 of 704)

Nonfiction:
1. Stepmonster by Wednesday Martin (pg. 78 of 278)
2. A Lucky Child by Thomas Buergenthal (pg. 147 of 225)

ARCs and Other Books For Review Coming Up Next (I'm So Behind):
1. Best Friends by Jennifer Weiner
2. Scared by Tom Davis
3. Recovering My Voice by Aruni Nan Futuronsky
4. The Truth Lies in the Dark by Kristen Callender
5. Searching for Whitopia by Rich Benjamin

Reviews posted this month:
1. The Wives of Henry Oades by Johanna Moran
2. Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell


Books still needing to have reviews written or posted:
1. A Painter's Life by K.B. Dixon
2. The Art of Tantra by

Current giveaways on this blog:
none

Posts with the Most Comments:
1. Happy 1st Bloggiversary to Me!! (48 comments)
2. Interview with Johanna Moran and Giveaway of The Wives of Henry Oades (30 comments)
3. TSS: Organizing (26 comments)
4. Taking a Cue: My Year of Reading (and Blogging!) Deliberately (25 comments)
5. It is Here: The Book List Meme (22 comments)

Most Fabulous Commenters of December/January:
1. Bermudaonion 39 comments
2. Jenners 39 comments
3. heidenkind 36 comments
4. Staci (Life in the Thumb) 27 comments
5 Stephanie (The Stark Raving Bibliophile) 19 comments
6. Amanda (The Zen Leaf) 18 comments
7. Lisa (Lit and Life) 18 comments
8. Stacey Buckeye 16 comments
9. Tif (Tif Talks Books) 12 comments
10. Peaceful Reader 11 comments
11. Michelle (Galleysmith) 10 comments
12. Sandra (Fresh Ink Books) 10 comments



7 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVED The Historian - I hope you like it too!

    Have a great week Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you think of The Historian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the Weiner book should go quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also really loved The Historian. I'm looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you watch American Idol? I thought about it after seeing that Ellen D. wrote one of the books you read. I have some idea of what she might be like as a judge but it will be interesting to say the least. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a very productive month! I read half of The Historian but got lost by the third story within a story plot. But I plan to pick it up again. I am reading her second book Swan Thieves, good so far

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got The Historian on my TBR right now, but don't know when I will get to it. Maybe after your review it will move up on my list!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!