February 15, 2010

Reading on Monday Plus Fabulous Commenters

This meme is hosted by J. Kaye at J. Kaye's Book Blog.

Books I completed the past 2 weeks are:
1. Maximum Ride 2: School's Out--Forever by James Patterson
2. Maximum Ride 3: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson
3. A Lucky Child: A Memoir of Surviving Auschwitz as a Young Boy by Thomas Buergenthal (arc/are)
4. Stepmonster: A New Look at Why Real Stepmothers Think, Act, and Feel the Way We Do by Wednesday Martin (arc/are)


Books I am working on:
Fiction:
1. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (pg. 58 of 704)

Nonfiction:
1. Serious Doubts: Why People Marry When They Know It Won't Last by Carl Weisman (pg. 34 of 170)
2. Searching for Whitopia by Rich Benjamin (pg. 117 of 368)
3. Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster (pg. 64 of 380)
4. Chinese Landscape Painting by Sherman Lee (pg. 65 of 133)

ARCs and Other Books For Review Coming Up Next (I'm So Behind):
1. Best Friends by Jennifer Weiner
2. Scared by Tom Davis
3. Recovering My Voice by Aruni Nan Futuronsky
4. The Truth Lies in the Dark by Kristen Callender
5. Children of Dust: A Memoir of Pakistan by Ali Eteraz

Reviews posted past 2 weeks:
1. Maximum Ride 2: School's Out--Forever by James Patterson
2. The Art of Tantra by Philip Rawson
3. A Painter's Life by K.B. Dixon


Books still needing to have reviews written or posted:
1. Maximum Ride 3: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson
2. A Lucky Child: A Memoir of Surviving Auschwitz as a Young Boy by Thomas Buergenthal
3. Stepmonster: A New Look at Why Real Stepmothers Think, Act, and Feel the Way We Do by Wednesday Martin (arc/are)

Current giveaways on this blog:
none

Posts with the Most Comments:
1. YOU Ask the Questions (20 comments)
2. Heather of Tales of a Capricious Reader Answers 20 Questions (16 comments)
3. Deb of Bookmagic Answers 20 Questions (14 comments)
4. Going Above and Beyond in the Classroom (12 comments)
5. BookList: 3 Books I Read When I Need a Good Cry (12 comments)
6. Bookish Discoveries for 02-05-10 (12 comments)

Most Fabulous Commenters of February:
1. Tasha (Heidenkind) 15 comments
2. Jenners 11 comments
3. Stephanie (The Stark Raving Bibliophile) 8 comments
4. Bermudaonion 7 comments
5. Staci (Life in the Thumb) 7 comments
6. Deb (Bookmagic) 6 comments
7. Lisa (Lit and Life) 6 comments
8. Stephanie D (Misfit Salon) 6 comments
9. Jeanne (Necromancy Never Pays) 5 comments
10. jennysbooks 5 comments
11. thekoolaidmom 4 comments
12. Tif (Tif Talks Books) 4 comments

12 comments:

  1. I was hoping to get organized enough this weekend to avoid feeling behind on my reviews but even though I made progress in other areas none was to be had in this one.

    Looks like you've had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been so bad about commenting anywhere these days. So much stress right now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova but wow.... the size of it! I will get there some day!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're enjoying The Historian! I read it a couple years ago and really liked it, even thought it freaked me out in some parts (I'm a big chicken).

    I enjoyed your review of the Patterson book. I read the first three to my class of at-risk students last year and they loved them. I haven't had a chance to pick up the others though. I will need to do that in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you like The Historian! My mom got that book for me and I haven't started it yet. It's definitely a chunkster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I;m curious to read your review of stepmother-I am one and always wonder about how I could have done better. Maybe I should read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved The Historian!! So that's why my ass looks so big...dim those lights now!!!!!

    Have a great reading week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see what you think of The Historian since I loved The Swan Thieves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldnt finish the Historian. I got bored with it, so I gave it away at a christmas gift party, nobody wanted it.

    BTW the It's Monday... meme has moved over to http://bookjourney.wordpress.com/2010/02/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-22/ . J.Kaye is not hosting it anymore. (started just last week). There is a new button for it also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I listened to THe Historian on audio and really enjoyed it. HOpe you are as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, The Historian is back on my book list too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Historian is a looong one, but I enjoyed it.
    I left you an award at my blog:
    http://maxinereads.blogspot.com/2010/02/how-sweet.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!