February 17, 2010

Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson

BOOK #: 8
REASON READ: James Patterson Challenge, 100+ Challenge, YA Reading Challenge, RYOB Challenge
PUBLISHER: Hachette Book Group
GENRE: Fiction, Fantasy, YA
FORMAT/PAGES: Hardcover/405
RATING: 4/5 Stars


I just read the 2nd book in the Max Ride Series (which I reviewed here) and I liked it so much I dove right into the 3rd book in the series, which is this one. I have to say I agree with the reviews I have seen on GoodReads that this was the best book of the three.

This one was more action-packed, had clever plot twists, and the emotional depth between the characters was intensified so that you cared about them even more.

Some loose ends and questions were answered at the end of this one. Some I saw coming and a couple I didn't guess at all. I was pretty impressed with the Itex Headquarters and the details about what they were up to. So very Orwellian of Patterson.

I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series, The Final Warning. I don't have that one (although I do have the one after it. Go figure.) so I am going to have to check it out from the library. The books are quick reads but with a nice balance of action, intrigue, and fantasy without being too over the top. And, no, I am still not feeling the Kristen Steward/Robert Pattinson duo for these movies. Such a bad idea.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked this. Sometimes he can be so good, and sometimes not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed this book. This is the one series of Patterson's that I haven't enjoyed - but then, I don't read much fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to get hooked on these!! The chapters move by so fast and the story is pretty good. I can't keep them on the library shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't read ANY Patterson. I will, though, I promise....

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids and I loved these books and zipped right through them. None of us like the movie casting, either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!