February 11, 2010

Heather of Tales of a Capricious Reader Answers 20 Questions!

Welcome back to 20 Questions, where we get to know our fellow book bloggers a little better.

Today I would like to present to you Heather of A High and Hidden Place: Tales of a Capricious Reader (sorry for earlier confusion.) Heather's blog is one of my favorites. I got the opportunity to meet Heather in person and she is just as sweet in real life! Thank you, Heather, for answering the questions and sharing with us today!

20 QUESTIONS

1. Last book you bought:

The Game On! Diet because I needs to be shrinking the butt!

2. Last book you got in the mail:

I just got a little book called Fireworks over Toccoa.

3. The first book you read over and over:

The Chimp That Wentto School by Peggy Parish, I was 4 and had memorized it I heard it so much!

4. Children’s book every child should read:

It is a tossup between The Chronicles of Narnia and the Little House books. Both are essential reading.

5. Favorite place to read:

A nice, warm, bath or the couch.

6. A book you bought just for the cover:

The Wayward Muse by Elizabeth Hickey

7. Scariest book ever read:

Misery by Stephen King

8. Most romantic book ever read:

OMG what does it say about me if I say The Notebook? I hate to confess I read it, let alone that it was romantic and made me cry like a hot summer rainstorm was falling from my weepy eyes!

9. Book that changed your life in some way:

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. It changed the way my family eats for life.

10. Book you’ve re-read the most times:

The Princess Bride!!! Best book ever!!!

11. Book you needed the Cliff’s Notes for:

Shakespeare! Dude gives me a headache.

12. Book you needed the dictionary for:

Hmmm....most literary fiction probably.

13. Book you like that no one else seems to:

Waiting for Columbus by Thomas Trofimuk. Come on people, give it some love! It's gorgeous!

14. Book you don’t like that everyone else seems to love:

Like Water for Chocolate. I despise that book!

15. Number of books you own (you can guess):

Uh...(mouth hanging open, fingers flaying around like I'm counting) uh... a bunch?

16. Number of books on your TBR list (that you have not acquired yet):

Millions.

17. Must-have reading accessories:

Water, snacks, pillow and blanket. Sometimes reading glasses (shhhhh...)

18. Literary Destination You Want to Go to:

Mr. Darcy's bedroom.

19. Top Three Favorite Authors:

This is hard. This is really, really hard. Okay, here goes. At this very moment:

Elizabeth Kostova (She stole my heart with The Historian, she broke it with The Swan Thieves)

Bill Willingham

and.....

uh....

Wilkie Collins

20. Three Bloggers You Want to See Featured in the Future:

Andi at Tripping Toward Lucidity

Amanda at The Blog Jar

You Rebecca! Have you ever answered your twenty questions? Huh, huh? Have ya? Try sitting in the hot seat! ;)


*gasp* Heather! Oh no! Don't say ME!!! No one wants to get to know little ol' me, now! (Pass that around. Yeah.)
I love that you said Mr. Darcy's bedroom. I am right there with you on that account. I think I am the only one in the world for whom Animal Vegetable Miracle did not profoundly affect my life. I think it has something to do with my aversion to cooking....

Check below to see who is appearing on 20 Questions next! There's a great lineup!:

~Susan of The Book Chook (2-18)
~Kristen of We Be Reading (2-25)
~Jill of Fizzy Thoughts (3-1)
~Michelle of Galleysmith (3-8)
~Trisha of eclectic/eccentric
(3-15)
~Natasha (aka Vasilly) of 1330v
~Staci of Life in the Thumb


Do you want to be featured on 20 Questions? Send me an e-mail (which you can find on my Blogger profile!) with your answers to the questions! Please include questions and answers together, which makes it easier for me to post, plus a photo if you want me to put a different one than your blog's profile picture. I will then let you know when you will be featured! Thanks!


17 comments:

  1. This was great because I love Heather and her blog! I'm scandalized that she said Mr. Darcy's bedroom! Just kidding - that's a great answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, I'm confused. Is this Deb or Heather answering the questions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle changed my eating habits, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Rebecca, we do want to see you answer your own questions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. See Rebecca! You MUST answer your own questions!! I'd LOVE to see that!

    This was so much fun; thanks for asking me to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Darcy's bedroom. ::snicker:: She'll have to kick me out first. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, everyone needs to read Waiting for Columbus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also read Princess Bride over and over! Great answers, Deb or Heather or Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mr. Darcy's bedroom IS a great answer. And I also think you need to answer your own questions, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mr. Darcy's bedroom sounds like a good destination to me :) And I really need to get my hand on The Princess Bride. Loved the movie and I keep hearing the book is better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually I've only heard good things about "Waiting for Columbus." I have it on my list for this year.

    And Mr. Darcy's bedroom is an A+ answer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Mr. Darcy! But Knightly ain't so bad...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been meaning to read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.
    I love that she has millions of tbr books too.

    I have Waiting For Columbus out from the library b/c I have heard such awesome things

    ReplyDelete
  14. Color me embarrassed.

    I guess I forgot to cut out Deb and put Heather's name in there. I'm sorry, Heather!

    I am putting Heather's name and blog up there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heather is right, you need to answer the questions too!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!